Chapter 35: Little Lady

Author's POV
"We meet again...great detective.." Kid smirked pressing his gun on the little boy's head

"W-wha..."

Conan froze hearing the one and only magician behind him. He was about to turn around to face him but stopped hearing the gun click.

'How did he know? How does he know??'

"Surprised? I am too.." Chuckled the magician, "Never thought the great detective would be in this tiny state...I wonder what got you like this."

"I-I'm just a little kid! What are you talking about s-sir..." Conan stuttered in a childish voice

"Tch...you aren't a kid. Little kids like you would scream or cry if they have a gun pointed at them..but you aren't screaming... Are you?" Kid asked with another smirk making Conan sweat

Kaito raised a brow at the kid who wasn't saying anything. "The great detective never leaves me or Black Swan fly away without any problems. That night when you threw that soccer ball at me..I couldn't help but notice how identical you are to him. I searched for any information about Edogawa Conan but I just couldn't find you!"

"You also know-"

"Ah...So I was right?" Kid asked cutting Conan off

Conan's eyes widened even more as he fell into Kaito Kid's trick. Kid was saying all of these things to make Conan agree to them with him knowing.

Conan mentally cursed at himself for falling for the magician's little trick. He also cursed himself again at the thought of him also figuring that he put you and Haibara in danger of your identities.

"So..great detective...do you know? About Thurston's Three Principles?" Kid asked still not moving the gun

"Yeah.. A magician who flourished at the beginning of the 20th century, Howard Thurston! The three principles that were made and named after him. The three taboos, about the stuff that you can't do by magic, right?"

The reason Conan knew about that was because you couldn't stop blabbering about it. Just how Conan talks about Holmes and Doyle's everyday, you decided to do the same.

Annoying him with every type of magic. Funny isn't it?

"That's right. The first one is, 'You can't give away your secrets'. That, I don't need to say. The second one, 'You cannot explain what's going to happen before you exhibit a trick'. Because the astonishment will be hone and the surprise will lesson. And the third, 'Do not use the same trick twice'! If only used once, then you can leave a deep impression that will be glorified and left in people's hearts as the best miracle. But when used twice, the audience will concentrate on the revelation of the trick rather than enjoying the show. And so the risk of being revealed will increase."

"I see...so if you manage to use the same trick twice without the secret being revealed, it becomes the best illusion?"

"That's right!" Kid replied

They stayed silent until Conan decided to finally ask questions to the Magician Under the Moonlight.

"So tell me, Kid...where's Black Swan?"

Kid stiffen at the question. "Like I said yesterday night, she won't be coming for a few nights.." Kid responded with his poker face

"Perhaps...your student is injured that she can't tag along anymore?"

"Student huh?" Kid chuckled at what Conan called you, "You know..'Sensei' can mean anything...Professor, elder, the one who comes before...and even Onii-"