Chapter 46: It's You

"Sir! Please listen and let me get your wounds treated!" The nurse insisted but Kaito denied harshly.

"I WON'T LEAVE UNTIL I KNOW MY SISTER IS SAFE AND FREE FROM DEATH!!"

"Sir, the doctors are doing everything we can to help. But those wounds will cause an infection."

It wasn't long since you were brought to the hospital and went straight to the surgery room. Kaito couldn't stay still and denied getting treated before getting any news from you.

"Kaito!"

He turned around and saw his mother rushing towards him with slight tears in her eyes and Jii-chan following behind her."Okaa-San! Jii-chan!"

Chikage wrapped her arm around Kaito as he hugged her back, missing the warmth of his mother. It has past years since he saw his mother, but he wished for his father to be there to.

"Kaito.." Chikage whispered as she looked down at her son's body and bruised up face. "What happened..?" She cried

Kaito looked down and only said one word making his mother's eyes narrow down, "Them."

"You..You're telling me they found her?" Jii-chan asked in horror making Kaito nod slowly

"Yes...and attempted to kill her..." Chikage almost fainted after hearing those words escape Kaito's lips. "Okaa-San! Don't worry she's being treated!! She's a strong girl so she'll survive the surgery!"

"Kaito...please go get your wounds treated. I'll stay here and keep you updated if the doctors come out and say something." Chiaki pleaded

Kaito stared into his mother's eyes and ended up following the nurse into a room. Jii-chan accompanied him as Chikage stared at the two until they were out of sight and broke down in tears.

She fell to a chair behind her and covered her face with her palms. "I'm so sorry, my dear.." Chikage whispered as she kept sobbing

__

Shinichi thanked the nurses and exited the hospital room. He had minor injuries so he only needed to be patched up and was ready to go.

He turned the corner to where you were and was expecting to see Kaito but instead saw a woman with short red hair and purple eyes.

(A/n - I'm honestly not sure if she has brown hair and brown eyes. The anime and the fanart showing two different appearances.)

"Excuse me? Are you related to Kuroba Y/n?" Shinichi asked as he walked up to the woman

"Yes...Kuroba Chikage, Y/n's mother." Chikage responded standing up facing Shinichi, "And you are?"

"Ah...I'm Kudo Shinichi."

"Kudo Shinichi? Oh yes! I recognize you, you're the young detective that used to appear on the news."

"I'm honored you heard about me." Shinichi said shyly as he rubbed the back of his head

"How come you know my children?" Chikage asked, knowing that Kaito wouldn't be friends with a detective

"O-oh..well I-"

"KUDO SHINICHI!!"

Shinichi turned around but immediately regretted it when Kaito threw a punch at him. Shinichi stumbled back and caressed his right cheek as Kaito was ready to punch him again.

"Y-young Master!"

"What was that for?!"

"I warned you didn't I? I don't care if I end up behind a jail cell. YOU BROUGHT MY SISTER TO DEATH! IT WAS YOU!"