Chapter-11

"Ok, let me give you some brotherly advice... TELL US everything you know and enjoy the life ahead of you." Alex offered as if he was some professional criminal.

Adams asked, "wi-will you let me go i-if I tell you everything?"

Alex glared at Adams. "OF COURSE, I will spare you and trust me when I say you are safe BUT ONLY if you tell me everything!"

"My name is Collen Marlin, and trust me, I know nothing, I know absolutely nothing! I am terribly stuck!" Collen spoke with teary eyes.

"You know why you sneaked into our house?" Andrew asked furiously and got a small "YES," in return.

"Then SPEAK YOU KID SPEAK!" Collen was middle-aged, probably around 25 judging by his appearance, while Andrew was 31, exactly 4 years older than Alex. Why he called Collen "kid" is a mystery.

"o-ok I will tell you, just around 2 hours ago when I came back from work, suddenly I got a phone call. T-the person had a very weird alien so-sort of a voice, and he was saying that I had to kidnap you. I of course laughed at it and ignored it. B-but after a minute, I-i got a video message from th-that number." stammered Karl.

"What was the video?" Andrew asked.

"In the video, my parents and 15-year-old sister were tied up, he also said that I had to follow his instructions otherwise he would kill everyone!" Karl cried.

Alex sat on the bench nearby and gave a chuckle, "Come on just Come on what else did we even expect? *subtle smiles* Ok, Collen I want you to tell me more, every single little detail, alright. What else?"

"He messaged me and h-he said that I had to make you unconscious and tie you up in the bathroom and then leave a note," Collen replied. 

"What kind of note?" Andrew asked.

"Actually y-you can see the text that he sent me," Collen pointed his pockets.

Andrew took out the phone from his pocket and checked for the massage, It read "You will enter from the backyard, there is an underground tunnel that leads directly to Alex's bathroom from there you will hide under his bed till he comes, make him unconscious with the chloroform that you will buy in a medical store, lock him in the bathroom and leave these words on a sticky note."

Collen had replied with "Why are you doing this, please leave my family alone." blah blah.

"I hope you wish to see your family alive So bother to follow what I say, write "Nb gsrihg rh ivovmgovhh" on a sticky note, and also don't forget to hang it upside down."

"Call me after you have done the job, your family will be released." Andrew read it out loudly.

"Andrew please untie him, and Collen please go home, make sure your family is safe, also I assume that you knew you were being followed and you called her but she told you to go home, am I right? "Alex asked.

"Yes, Sir and thank you so much for this, I don't understand all this, I really don't know what's going on but I do understand it's none of my business so I won't ask questions. Thank you again, sir" Collen thanked Alex as Andrew untied him.

"By the way why did you use the phone booth?"Andrew asked.

"I didn't want the taxi driver to refuse to take me home after hearing that we were being followed," Karl replied and left.

Alex said "Don't expect me to let her go this time." while shaking his head.

"But why did she let Collen go home, did she know we were going to get hold of him?" Andrew expressed his doubt.

"She wanted to give me the massage, that's the main thing but at the same time she also wanted to tie me up to scare me but when I DIDN'T get kidnapped, she just let Collen get caught so that her message is delivered."

"That's hella smart BUT what are you going to do next?"

"Don't expect to be at peace, SHE WONE BE SPARED THIS TIME!" Alex claimed.

"Of course, but what is going to be your next move?" Andrew asked.

" I have to crack the code of course and I also want to make sure it's Cherlyn before doing anything because I just have to make sure even if all the evidence is against her," replied Alex.

FRIDAY (RONALD SITES'S APARTMENT)

(my(author's)apology for not including this scene earlier, I just thought it would be cool to show Alex and Cherlyn's date first. I am extremely sorry if you were waiting for what happened with Billy, now for Billy's part and please let me know if you like this kind of cuts between scenes or if you have any kind of suggestions, I am having a hard time handling a murder mystery and a revenge story at the same time but I promise they are related. :) )

After checking all the exits again and again Billy double-checked the bathroom windows.

"Why would someone?" he thought as stared at the lock.

"Brent, come here and look!" He shouted.

"Is that a new clue?" Brent came into the room.

"This lock is glued instead of locked; you know why? BECAUSE he escaped from this window, glued it and closed the lock back, and relied on the soap bottle so that after a while it seems like it's locked. I think it's safe to assume that distracting is our dear killer's favorite thing to do. I can't believe we missed out on SO much stuff" Ronald explained.

"Just get a big bottle of nail polish remover, we need to melt this," He ordered Brent.

After a while, when he got the nail polish remover, he melted the glue, cracked the lock, and then the window open.

"of course, *sights* the rear of the building, the easiest place to JUST escape unnoticed, especially in a place like NYC where people are too busy minding their own business, NICE!" Billy said feeling very down, no suspects, or anything the case was heading in a completely different direction.

They freed Irene with a sweet apology, making sure she was at the office the whole day. "Wouldn't have happened if you spoke instead of crying during the interrogation" Brent cracked a joke he shouldn't have.