Chapter-6

The next day was a disaster for all of them. Finding out the biggest enemy of her life was more than she could handle in one night. Destiny which was the best writer in Alex's case had something unexpected planned for him.

On the other hand, Billy Lopez found out about Irene; Ronald sites's one-sided lover. Billy and his assistant found out about her after inquiring Ronald's friend who stated that Irene was after Ronald for months and she was obsessively in love with him and how Ronald used a hundred and one technique to get rid of her love but it didn't help. His friend also informed that Irene worked in a jewel company, violet petal Co., Ltd, "Guess we have new leads now, I just would thank the almighty if this gets over quickly and Irene is the one."But he gets the shock of his life after recalling the fact that violet petals are owned by none other than Cherlyn Mathew, he was sure but he decided to google anyway.

"Cahoots, all of them are in cahoots," Ronald said with a slightly sherlock homes tone. "It's even more complicated than it looks" "Indeed, ok let's look at this from an upper perspective, a young librarian called a not so regular customer only and gets murdered a few minutes later, when we inquire the customer, he makes an excuse and to his defense was Cherlyn Matthew the owner company of the company in which the librarian's obsessive lover and probable murderer work. It all makes so much nonsense but it's all connected at the same time, HOW ON EARTH!" Billy exclaimed; I would make a gif out of him saying that.

The investigation started about 30 hours and they knew that the 12-story apartment was ready to be lived in about a month ago and only the night watchman remembers getting an injection on his neck, the CCTVs were disabled, it was seven at night and it was the opposite of remote because it is NYC, too many people minding their own business there and no one saw no one. Clearly, a planned murder. So, his assumption about killing out of anger was wrong.

Then they reached reception of Cherlyn's aesthetic office, it was almost lunchtime for Cherlyn (she eats really early) now Cherlyn felt what someone feels after winning a lottery because she quickly made a plan she assumed that Alex will get arrested and billy just came there not knowing where Alex is BUT after he gets arrested, she would go and be an alibi and win the trust and the story continues. Such a determined lady, I mean even the most confident person isn't that sure about their plan, especially if it's as abstract as this but Cherlyn was super disturbed and all she could see was REVENGE. Cherlyn wasn't stupid she was just a newbie in this plotting and conspiring.

"Hello, miss Matthew pleasure to stumble with you again," Billy said without meaning it, he just wanted this case to be over. "I am sorry Mr. joseph but Mr. Carson is at his office and not here if you have come for him which I am pretty sure you did," Cherlyn said having a little doubt at the back of her head that either Billy didn't come for Alex or Alex was not guilty." It's Mr. bounce I would not like you to mess with my name, any reputed officer's in fact."

Billy's words shocked Cherlyn when he said that he wanted to meet Irene because Irene was the perfect choice for an accountant. "Are you sure it's Irene Ardolt our accountant?" doubtful Cherlyn said, confused and overwhelmed with all the drama. "She was obsessively in love with our victim don't you find it strange that she works in the same company as another suspect's partner. "Business partner" Cherlyn corrected.

"Anyways can we have Irene for a minute" Billy's assistant Brent spoke (finally named him) in their duo Billy would talk to talk and walk the walk and brent will just talk the not-so-important talk and go by Billy's orders. "I don't own Irene she works for me so just ask but BEFORE that I would request you to tell me why she is a suspect." "Of course, Ms. Matthew and I would also like you to cooperate if necessary, as a good citizen, Irene Ardolt used to love our victim obsessively and you know how obsessive lovers are, and by the way, may I ask what you think about his case." Cherlyn knew that she had to cooperate with the police to get the real killer arrested who according to her was Alex. so, she said "Irene was hired 2 months ago, she has always been very bubbly and extroverted, talks to everyone, always greets everyone that is all I know and yeah if you wanna know more you can simply ask Nova the other accountant and also a good friend but on top of all of that I would suggest you ask Irene, she, after all, is the suspect, not the rest of us who you are wasting your time on. "she said with a no so welcoming tone.

Cherlyn's words hit Billy hard but she had a point so he asked where Irene was and went to her. Irene Ardolt was a simple young woman, she was wearing a yellow plain short dress very cute and minimal if you go with her looks no one in their right mind would say that she even deserved the tag of a suspect but police are the police. Billy asked her to a corner "Miss Ardolt I did you used to know Ronald sites" "Yes I do what do you mean by DID w-what happened to him?" Irene said. "MS Ardolt I need you to listen to me very carefully, *sights* he got murdered yesterday at his apartment I am investigating the case" Irene busted into tears and broke down when she heard it and she was not in the right condition to be asked any type of question. Nova who was sitting on her desk heard her loud crying and quickly came to her after inquiring Billy about what happened consoled her.

When she finally stopped crying after like forever "We know this is not a good time for you, you could help him get justice Ms. Ardolt, so how do you know Ronald" he said while making sure it wasn't too much for Irene to handle.

 "I will tell you everything I and Ronald met at a social club, 5 months ago it was love at first sight for me of course but it wasn't for him I was obsessive I was very caring he wasn't ready he said he wasn't ready for it he was building his career and a romantic relationship wasn't something he needed-he was starting up and online business and said I was anyways not his type and I respected that."

 "and then, ?"Ronald asked for more

 "I decided to be a good friend and THAT WAS IT I loved him so much and I never expected even in my wildest dreams" she cried even more, about a gallon or two she cried in total. 

"MS .ardot please control yourself" Irene nodded 

"Where were you last night" "At home, I was working on a project and I was alone but i-i actually called nova around eight to get a helping hand and we-we even talked for like 20 minutes to you can ask her and also you can ask ma'am she appointed me some work and said that I had to finish it by tomorrow, you can also check my word file it will say last edited around 9:30 pm when the document was created around 6:00, Moreover, I just request you to punish the person who did all of this sir please." 

"The police are putting their 110 percent on this you don't worry we will find him I think that's it, for now, we will just need Cherlyn and nova's justification. Nova was sitting right nearby and she obviously said that she was helping Irene and when he asked Cherlyn, everything was legit there as well. Irene was out of the suspect hole, FOR NOW.

"What are your thoughts now?" Brent asked but he was asked his thoughts instead, Billy usually does this out of confusion." Everything seems legit but the only indigestible fact is that Irene works in the same company as Alex's business partner does and this can't even be a." "Coincidences aren't a thing, they are just an illusion created by people out of laziness or confusion. I have neither and about Irene she seemed honest but that Carson guy and that Matthew girl they an ally, they just have a connection of their own but, for now, let's investigate further we have to inquire his parents as well, maybe it will give us new leads I am tired of seeing the same people again and again."

Friday evening it was so everyone was going with the flow excluding Alex, he personally came to Cherlyn's office for some not so important work, why? because a private detective after Cherlyn wasn't enough he believed in independence ignoring that people need people. But what he hears there gave him the shock of his life.

"I don't know why I feel this way and like I have no idea hazel" he hears Cherlyn saying out of confusion so he waited before knocking to hear the rest. "I know it's only been like 3 days maybe infatuated maybe I am not but I fell for Alex I really did."