Chapter 28

17 hours earlier

The night sky was black as charcoal, it was 10 pm and extremely cold and windy. Hazel looked outside the window and wondered if she would be able to it as the wind brushed against her face. She parked her car away from the little stall and got out of it.  She had made a deal with the owner that she would be free to do whatever she wanted with it for a couple of days, those couple of days ended the next day. What hazel actually needed was the garage the owner no longer used behind the stall.

She walked out of the car after wearing her black mask and glasses; she also remembered to dress up all in black just like the previous day. She brought some bread for Luna to eat. Lastly, she hung a backpack on her back.

She walked to the stall, opened the massive doors with the key that she received from the owner. Then, she slipped out from the back door where a small garage was revealed. Lastly, she unlocked it and entered where she saw Luna sleeping, the injection was doing its job.

She got some water from her bag and splashed it onto Luna. No mercy was shown; no one showed mercy on a killer and a person who managed to ruin many lives.

"I am killing you once I get the hell out of here!" she shouted.

Hazel stepped closer to her, got a tripod out of her bag, and planted her phone on it. She pulled out another phone, opened the text to the speech engine, and started typing.

"Now.....look up," the robot voice said. "I am serious"

"You scared to even show you real voice, let me guess we have met before, haven't we? How cowardly."

Hazel typed in more words, "lookup" the voice said.

Luna looked up and what she saw managed to surprise her, not many things surprised Luna but this one did. A big stone connected by a rope led to a liver a few steps away from where she was tied. "What on earth do you want?"

"A confession" hazel replied. "What kind of a confession?" Luna shot back.

Hazel typed in some more words, this time it took her a bit longer, "Don't pretend like you have no idea about it....you know what I am talking about. Nevertheless, confess briefly to every murder that you committed, I will leave you or..... I can pull down the lever slowly and you can choose death." She expressed.

"I would love you to be more precise" Luna shouted and seemed as if she hasn't been this confused in years.

"Ok, you confess to the murders you committed and I shall not harm you at all, and if I feel generous enough...I shall also untie you if you promise not to harm me" The robot voice said.

"I decline your offer, anyways why are we talking so formally, any idea?"

"Then I have to do something I didn't want to," the robot voice said as hazel moved to the liver and slowly started lifting it. Consequently, the stone moved slowly.

After the stone moved about an inch, Luna finally spoke, "ok.....I killed 5 people, all of them differently"

Hazel wrote the words "details" and flipped it to Luna's side. "The first murder was an accident, Monisha in New Jersey, the second it was a man who was abusive towards his family and was cheating on his wife and his name is, I mean was Felix something" she paused.

She confessed not because she was scared of death but because she knew three things, one was that her confession seemed more like blackmail and she could probably escape it....somehow, two was that even if the police got the footage they wouldn't be able to locate her, she would be long gone by the time the footage reaches the police or she could escape prison. There were a million different things to do to not get caught and the third and most important was that she wouldn't die without having acquired Alex, she simply couldn't. The other thing she was doing while she thought about those things was trying to untie herself. If lucky enough, she would untie herself before her confession reached the police or whoever she was sending it to.

"My second murder Felix, I gave him poisons and it looked like an experiment gone wrong because he was a ch-chemist, my third one was a teenager who was a bully and it was back in 2012, meaning 3 years ago. It is still unsolved. I think a true-crime podcast even featured it. It was brilliant, my best so far and I had the most fun doing it as well. The fourth was about 6 months ago and i-it was this lady named Amelia Kim who emotionally abused her daughters and this time I left a lot of hints like some numbers on the wall, the meant nothing and eventually I framed her husband somehow, good thing he went drinking that day. The latest was Ronald sites, I hit him on the head with a candle holder, because he didn't respect the love he got and rejected the girl who loved him, I framed this guy Karl but he got away with it, another unsolved case," she confessed. It was surprising how casual it sounded. She was talking about murder as if the people who died were some insects instead of people with families.

Hazel lifted her hands from the liver, walked to the phone, and unfitted it out of the tripod. "Now you will be free...I have decided to untie you but only if your promise not to harm me" the robot voice of hers said. Of course, it was a lie but it could keep Luna in false hopes. Luna nodded but of course, she was also lying.

"But before that, I need to save this file, this will not be sent to the police, and trust me when I say that, this is not my motive," the robot voice said and Hazel went to the corner. She played around with her phone for a bit till she sensed a figure behind her. Luna had managed to free herself.

She turned around only to realize that Luna was holding a huge hammer. "Give me the phone or die" she shouted. Hazel nodded and gave Luna the phone, what she was about to do was already done. But after that, she ran for her life.

She flew out of the garage into the stall but it was a bit too late, Luna had managed to get another victim. She hit hazel with the hammer till she thought Hazel was dead. Then, she unmasked her, saw her face but didn't react. She would have plenty of time to react and deduct eventually but not now. Finally, she ran holding the bloody hammer in her hands, unplanned murders were the hardest to cover up, it would be long before this also got covered up, at least, that's what she thought.