Chapter 13

"Sir, Irene called, we arrested the murderer just now!" Brent exclaimed.

"BLOODY HELL! WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST HEAR? I WILL COME TO THE POLICE STATION REAL QIUCK!" Billy yelled as he rushed to his car.

When Billy reached the police station, Irene was sitting on the bench, crying and sobbing.

"What the hell just happened, I DO NO understand a thing, why did Irene called and who the heck got arrested?" Billy shouted.

Brent walked over to him and explained, "Sir, Irene called and said her friend Karl was drunk and he also confessed that he had killed Ronald, and when we reached there Karl was still screaming and shouting that he had killed Ronald."

"JESUS! This is confusing as hell, WHY, AND HOW? Let me just question that guy directly BUT before that tell me what we know so far." Billy asked.

"Actually, Irene called," Brent started to explain.

"Why don't you seem to move on with "IRENE CALLED"? Never mind, I will just question Irene directly." Billy sighed. 

"Miss Irene PleaSe be strong, alright? PLEASE help us out by telling us what happened." Billy requested.

"Today someone came and it was Karl." Irene started.

"How do you know Karl and what's his surname by the way?"

"His name's Karl Jennings, we had known each other for about a year, I always had suspicions about him liking me but I had never even imagined he would do something like this! Not even in my wildest dreams! He was drunk and he started saying that he would do anything for me! I already was so disturbed, I told him to leave me alone and that we could never be together!" Irene cried.

"And then?"

"He started saying how he was better than Ron, I even ended up slapping him and.......he lost his mind and started saying that he had even killed Ronald because he was such an obstacle" she couldn't take it anymore.

"And you immediately called the police and when they came Karl was still repeating himself? "Billy tried to make things easier for Irene. 

Irene nodded.

When Billy entered the interrogation room, Karl was still drunk."I will question him once he is sober, I... guess" Billy said puzzled.

He sat on his chair and took a deep breath.

"I don't understand it, WHO ON EARTH DOES SO MUCH PLANNING TO GET DRUNK AND TELL EVERYONE EVERYTHING?" Billy shouted.

"That is something even I am unable to digest, but once he is sober, we will interrogate him further. I am sure, something definitely is missing."

"of course," sighed Billy.

"And by the way, I forgot to tell you something important," Brent said.

"What?"

"Sir you remember Alexander Carson that millionaire guy we put number one on the suspect list, he got almost kidnapped yesterday, but everything got handled, eventually," Brent informed.

"Come on, he is a business tycoon, must have a lot of people who want him dead unlike our poor victim" Billy didn't take it too seriously because he was too dissolved in Karl.

"I will grab some coffee" Billy got up and Brent later forgot to say that Alex didn't take any action.

There was another meeting between Cherlyn and Alex. Both thought they had an upper hand but knew nothing, equally Nothing.

Cherlyn left the conference room as soon as they finished, it was such a busy day that she had to. She was used to handling days 10 times busier but they were different times, her mental space was clear back then. 

Alex was also about to leave but he found Cherlyn's phone lying on the table, who in their right mind would miss the opportunity. He tried to peek in the phone but as expected, it was password protected.

"What could possibly be the password?" His eyes later fell on Cherlyn who was coming back to take her phone, he quickly put the phone back to where it was and pretended nothing happened.

"Sir, I think he is ready to say something, has a lawyer, and is sober now," Brent informed Billy. 

"I hope I get my answers!" Billy thought and got ready to interrogate.

"Listen, there is absolutely no point in lying, we all know that you were the one to plan Ronald's murder so you better tell the truth." Billy encouraged, knowing that's not how criminals open their mouths.

"EVERYTHING IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR!" Karl replied.

"Tell it to the judge, I am a hundred and ten percent sure you will get away with murder, I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT SOME KIND OF JOKE HAPPENING MISTER KARL!" Billy hated time wasters.

"Okay, I will tell you! "Karl replied.

"That's better!"

"I visited Ronald two days before he died, I told him to stay away from Irene but that rat wasn't listening, it was damn necessary to get him out of our way!" Karl exclaimed.

"I DIDINT ASK YOU TO TELL ME A RIDDLE, I WANT A CRYSTAL CLEAR EXPLANATION OF WHAT YOU DID, ALRIGHT?" Billy yelled.

"o-okay, I and Ronald had an argument regarding Irene and he told me that I was not suitable for Irene because I wasn't a good guy and according to him, he said that he was protecting Irene as a friend but THAT RAT was trying to keep Irene away from me, we had a fight, a physical one and I just gave him a challenge that Irene will fall for me and he won't be there to do anything" His tears blurred the rest of his words

"Impossible! We checked the Cctv footage and didn't find you entering nor leaving, why the heck are you lying?"

"I entered the same way I left from the back!" Karl cried.

"What happens next? "Billy got back to the point. 

 Karl cried, "I found out that he had a pest control coming over, I disguised as Ronald and canceled the pest control so I could go there with my people myself and, because of my ego it's over it's all over." Billy finally felt convinced.

"You planed Ronald's murder because you thought that he loved Irene whom YOU loved?" Billy clarified.

"Yes," Karl cried.

"What exactly was the process, how did you get in? "Billy asked.

He told Billy the exact same story Billy had figured out earlier, three people came and two people went back, super glued window lock, etc.

Irene left without saying anything and was probably blaming herself for everything.

"You know, this is the weirdest case of my life," Billy said.

"Come on sir, you must have seen weirder," Brent joked.

"Honestly, I find it indigestible. I mean he could have easily just gotten away; he did such great planning but he admitted, twice" Billy was disoriented.

"Sir it's all about love and trust me that's how love works and also drinks, drinks also work like that only, drinks just make you do things you would never do" Brent sounded like an old man giving advice.

"Guess I will never understand this love scene BUT the moral of the story is DONT DRINK AFTER COMMITTING A MURDER." Billy joked while also planning to talk to the commissioner.