Chapter 36

"Let's end this, shall we?" Alex sighted as Cherlyn took her phone out and showed the recording back in their room.

"Anything to edit in this recording?" she asked sadly. "I have always been scared of this day!" she said as she sat down and sighed.

"This had to happen, remember? And thank you for everything you did, I would not have done this easily without you, and about the fight that we had earlier, it was my fault...I am sorry." he said to which Cherlyn smiled. "Also, I will check this recording out in case you let something slip that could be used against us," he said and took Cherlyn's phone.

Alex grabbed the computer from his desk and plugged a USB cable to transfer the recording file from Cherlyn's phone to his laptop. At that moment everything felt numb, they had manipulated Luna into confessing at least some, if not all her crimes. The rest would be taken care of by the police. The game was officially over, at least, that's what they thought.

He opened the audio editor on his laptop and opened the recording. It played everything from Luna saying "hey" to Cherlyn leaving the hotel room and stopping the recording. Alex listened to it again and again in case it didn't match the story they were about to cook up in front of the police. When he was finally sure nothing was wrong, he sat up and asked Cherlyn to recite their version of their story, for the last time.

"We go the police, give them this as the proof. Our story is that.........Luna was always a serial killer; but we didn't know that, she also faked her immobility. She gets obsessed with you just right before I was about to marry you and her obsession grew stronger and stronger. She kidnapped hazel to get her revenge that she didn't get Alex (that's what we think) Yesterday, me and Luna had a fight regarding you and she let it slip that she was a serial killer. The house that was robbed, she came to look for proofs but we will make it seems like she came to kidnap me. I decided to check my missing car and found out she killed Ronald sites and used my car to kidnap Karl's parents, I know that information because Billy told me that. I am supposed to make the police believe that she let all of it slip and ran away. I was too shattered to let the police know, the police will have to buy that story because they have no choice. Today, I get a message from Luna, I made sure to record it because I knew this could have been used as evidence and as expected luna let it slip that she was a serial killer" Cherlyn said it all in one breath.

"From now on, this is exactly what happened, alright? If anyone, I repeat anyone asks including me, you tell this story. There is no actual version, this is the actual version" he said in the most serious tone.

"Yes I know," Cherlyn said. "Alex, can we just leave an anonymous tip, please? I don't want to get involved at all in this, let's leave an anonymous tip and screw this whole story. We will send this to the police and let them do their thing and about my voice, we can edit it out, can't we?" she requested.

"This is not you speaking, this is your love and your emotions for your sister speaking and it is completely valid. But unfortunately, we have to get involved, for the last time let's do this. Let's end this whole thing without any type of backstabbing......please try to understand" He said as he held Cherlyn's hand and hugged her tight. "Thank you for everything! And sorry for the pain caused, it's hard and no one else can understand that better than me"

Cherlyn pulled herself out of the hug after a while and said "Would you do something for me? Would you be there till the end, however way it ends.......would you be there for me, for Monisha, for Hazel, and for us?" she asked as her eyes welled up.

"Yes, I will be there till everything ends, doesn't matter how it ends but I will be there. And if she manages to put the blame on us, somehow......don't worry about anything, ok? I do have a plan for that as well. And even if she managed to walk free out of the court, I have a plan for that as well" he said and this time, his eyes were also welling up. "I wish she was here with us today, but I am glad that it happened. At least she died knowing that she was Mrs. Carson" he said and wiped his tears.

"Shall we go ahead? Call the police! Oh god, I have never been so nervous" she said. A second later she realized Alex was already on the phone, "Hello, is this 911? Yes, we have something to report!"

A/N: y'all, do not mistake this for the ending, simply do not! A lot more is coming(obviously)! And also extremely sorry for the short chapter, at this point you should know I can't write more than one scene in one chapter....I just don't know how to