Chapter 37

"WHAT? WHO IS HER SISTER AND HOW IS SHE........WHY?" Billy shouted on the phone. "Ok, send me the proof. Nothing is going to be left unexplored, not this time! Oh dear god, what did I do to deserve this?" Billy said and hung up. Alex had told him that he was sure Hazel was kidnapped and attacked by Cherlyn's twin sister Luna, how Cherlyn was called to St.bernet hotel and how he told Cherlyn to record the conversation and how he was going to send the recording to him. He also told him about the missing car and the camera footage of Luna stealing the car.

Never in a thousand years didn't he imagine Alex telling him who killed Ronald Sites and that too when he was working on Hazel's case. A few hours ago, he had just found out that Hazel did in fact, kidnapped Luna. He was ready now to create a riot in the police station. He opened the file Alex send him, shouted for his headphones, and listened to the conversation.

He listened to the conversation all the way through, half understanding and half questioning his sanity. Although the name of the people she killed was never mentioned, it was definitely more than enough for him to run and question her. Brent, who always didn't like to interrupt when Billy was shouting and doing his own bloody thing, finally asked what happened.

"Alex, that guy remember? He is claiming that his Sister in law, one we didn't know about killed Ronald sites, how am I supposed to take that information and keep on living!" he shouted.

"What exactly happened?" Brent asked. "We still don't know the details but here is what we know! In this recording right here, Cherlyn Matthew's sister according to Alex is accepting that she is a serial killer, is obsessed with her own bloody brother-in-law. Alex on the other hand is calming that she killed Ronald sites and he has the proof somehow, she also kidnapped Hazel and attacked her. That's what we know so far even though the bloody ends don't meet, we need to at least question her. St. Bernet hotel, the rest will be seen later."

"Sir.....but there is no serial killer. We don't have any serial killer that is supposed to be on the loose. I mean which murders are we going to charge her with except Ronald Sites?" Brent asked.

"Look, she just admitted killing some a person or two or even more. It's mentioned here that she has some sort of trauma with not being the favorite child or something but the thing is that for now, we will question her. Listen to this and get some people, I will be ready. Oh, this is fun, isn't it? Also, make a copy of this or something, and don't forget to listen to this again. From now on we will be listening to this thing for a million times, looking for minor details she let slip!" he said as he stood up.

Half an hour later, Billy, Brent, and two other officers were ready for the questioning. "Room 403, carefully!" Billy whispered.

The four of them walked into the hotel and before they reached the elevator, a voice asked. "Whom do you wish to meet?" it was the receptionist. "Um her name is Jennifer Tames, room 403" Billy said.

"Oh, she checked out about two hours ago, I am afraid!" she said. "But I don't understand what the police are doing in here, why do you want to meet her?"

"Her name was Luna Matthew and she was a bloody psychopath you guys kept in here, congratulations," Billy said sarcastically as if he was reciting a nursery rhyme. The receptionist's mouth fell open and she couldn't speak. "But she showed me her ID, it can't be"

"How hard do you think it is for a psychopath to get a fake ID?" he frowned. "I would like to talk to the authorities and collect the footage from the last few days, just in case. Brent, get it done and question her for the description as well. You, come with me for the questioning of Alex and Cherlyn. They got too many secrets buried inside their chests and I don't like it. Hazel's attack and Ronald sites, it's all bloody related." He said and pointed to an officer.

"You," he said pointing out to the fourth officer, "Go and get every single file possible related to Ronald and Hazel," he said. "Brent you wait for me at the police station," he said and walked out of the hotel.

He got into the car and drove in complete silence, thinking and forming theories in this mind. He always was so sure that Cherlyn's circle was messed up, at the moment, nothing made sense at all. One thing that surprised him the most was how Luna was never mentioned, and how hadn't even bothered to check. Another confusing thing was that why Hazel kidnaped Luna. It was clear the Hazel hired that old garage behind the stall for her "business", according to the shop owner. So how was it possible that Luna kidnapped Hazel when Hazel was hiring that place? He would have bet it on his life that even Cherlyn and Alex who claimed to be innocent had their own secrets as well.

He reached their house and got prepared to ask questions. The gates were hung open, and it was already noon. It hadn't even been four hours since Alex and Hazel came to the station to ask about Hazel's case and here he was some hours later, asking them about Hazel's(probable) attacker. He knocked on the bell and Alex opened the door. "Where is she? Did you arrest her?" was the first thing Alex asked.

"She checked out from that hotel, I need you guys to come to the police station...if convenient" he said. "I am afraid, my wife is shattered at the moment but we can talk in my office" Alex replied and gestured him in.

When they reached, they sat down and Alex ordered the staff members for a cup of coffee and gestured them to leave. "I assume you have many questions" Alex stated the obvious.

"Of course, that's why I am here. So let's start from the very beginning, how was their relationship, Cherlyn and Luna?"

"Well, Cherlyn loved her sister very much, but Luna.....she was always cold towards Cherlyn. But she openly flirted with me all the time. She didn't attend our wedding because she told us she was sick or something and after that Cherlyn moved in and we haven't been talking that much lately. Until Hazel was attacked, I obviously don't know what happened to her but I think Luna kidnapped her to, I don't know, vent out her anger because she didn't get me"

"Um no, that's actually not the case because Hazel was seen 24 hours before she was attacked by her own staff. And the food on the plate that was fed to the person kidnapped was at least two days old so whoever was kidnapped had been there for two days. Hazel did, in fact, kidnapped Luna. We just found out after you left. By the way, how are you so sure Hazel was the one kidnapped?"

"Because Hazel can't have kidnapped anyone because she was such a decent girl" he replied.

"We will talk about it later, she is sick anyways and there isn't much we can do about that yet. Let's talk about how Cherlyn got to know about Luna."

"So it was actually today that this house was put to sleep after we came back from the police station. We saw this house was a complete mess and when Cherlyn checked the room upstairs, she found out that Luna was there. They argued for a moment and Luna let it slip that she killed that Ronald sites, how she would go to any length to get me. I think you need to ask Cherlyn for more details."

"Did she say that she kidnapped Hazel and what happened afterward?"

"No, Hazel was never talked about. Luna left the house afterward, she also hit Cherlyn. Cherlyn couldn't believe her ears and decided to confirm it for herself. She got access to her footage and checked it. The car was being stolen; Luna sneaked out from the house that night and had no alibi. After that, I came down to calm the staff down while Cherlyn got a message from Luna calling her to the hotel and you know what happened after that" Alex said.

"Well, seems accurate. Now, if she wouldn't mind may I call Cherlyn for questioning?" he asked.