Chapter 18 ~ Bubbles

Morgan P.O.V

I saw something running through the trees.

"That," I said pointing to the woods.

He looked where I was pointing and his chocolate brown eyes changed into his crystal blue wolf eyes.

"Someone's out there," he said unwrapping his arms around my waist.

I got up and put on a pair of John's sweat pants and followed him out of the room. We made our way down the main hallway and to the front entrance of the house. I grabbed his hand and he intertwined our fingers when we walked outside into the front yard. I started to make my way to the woods when John stopped next to me.

 He turned to me and said, "You stay here. I'll go check it out"

"No, I am going with you," I told him

He sighed, "I am not coming that close to losing you, again,"

I put my hand on his cheek and looked him in the eye, "We are mates. We are doing this together,"

He kissed my hand, "Your staying here," he said walking toward the woods.

I ran after him and grabbed his hand. He just shook his head and intertwined our fingers. He walked in front of me looking for any sign of danger. The bushes behind me shook and I could have sworn I heard a giggle. It smelled of honey and lavender.

'A child' my wolf whispered.

"A child," I said to myself.

John looked at me confused, "What?"

"It's a child"

I walked over to bush with John right over my shoulder. I could hear giggles coming from it.

I smiled, "I wonder what's behind here?" I said

The bush shook again and the giggles became louder. I pushed away the branches to see a little boy with blonde hair and blue-gray eyes looking up at me. He had no shoes on and was wearing light blue pajamas. He couldn't be more than 3 or 4. He had a cherubic face and a cocked smile. He jumped into my arms and laughed.

"I got you!" he shouted

I laughed and turned to John who was smiling at me.

"Sweetie, what are you doing out here?" I asked pushing away some of his hair that fell in his face.

His smile fated, "My mommy told me and my sister to run,"

I looked back at John.

"Where is your mother?" John asked behind me.

He poked his head around me to look at John and he began to fidget in my arms.

"Let go of me! I need to find Ally!"He shouted.

"Sweetie, it is okay. We won't hurt you," I soothed him but he continued to fidget and scream until I let go of him.

"Ally!" he screamed running through the woods.

           I ran after him; bushing away the branches in my face. John shifted and ran beside me. The boy kept turning back to see if John and me were still chasing him. When he turned he fell and let out a painful scream. I ran over to him and John shifted back.

"Alex!" a girl, who I am guessing is Ally, yelled running to the boy named, Alex.

"Ally!"

           When she saw me and John she turned around and ran the other way. John ran after her and in a few minutes he came back with her in his arms screaming and shouting.