Chapter 23~ One Name, One Big Answer Part 1

Morgan’s P.O.V

I woke up the next morning with on one next to me. I reached over to the empty spot next me and the sheets were cold. I pulled myself up into the sitting position and looked around my new bedroom for any signs of my mate. My sights landed on John’s side table where there was a small piece of paper folded in half with my name written on it. I unfolded it and read the note.

            My Morgan,

My father has decided to take me and Anthony to a council meeting held at another pack house south of here. I will be back as soon as I can. Ashling promised me to keep you safe and apparently has made plans for you today (good luck, love). I will not be home until late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I love you.

From your mate,

                   J

I frowned to myself. Why did he have to go tonight? Before any other thoughts popped in my head; the door flew open.

“Good morning, sunshine!” Ash screamed.

            I pulled the sheets over my naked body while Ash continued to just walk right into the room.

“Ash can you please leave so I can get dressed?”I asked.

“Oh please, it isn’t anything I have seen before; I am a girl,” she said dropping the hint that she wasn’t leaving.

            I groaned.

“Fine can you turn around?”

“Of course, you just get your pretty little self out of bed into some nice clothes and we will be off,” She said smiling.          

            Once, Ash turned around I ran into the closet picking out a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top, with pink/salmon color cardigan, and a pair of dark brown heels. I walked out fully clothed to find Ash sitting on the couch watching ‘What not to Wear’. When she noticed I was there she turned the TV off and jumped up.

“So what are we doing today? John said you had something planned.”

She gave me this devilish smile, “We are going shopping!” she screamed.

            I groaned. Don’t get me wrong, I love to shop. I just don’t like shopping with Ash. She goes in for one thing and comes out with like forty bags and makes you carry them.

“Oh don’t complain, we are Christmas shopping,” She said clapping her hands together.

“Oh my god, I completely forgot about Christmas shopping.”

            With everything that has been going on I never even thought about the holidays. Ash laughed and pulled me all the way to the garage; shoving me in her car.

~ Mall~

We had gone into every store and tried on I think about every outfit in Hollister and drove the saleswoman in Coach crazy.

“Did you see her face when we told her we were interested in buying? I thought her eyes would pop out of her head,” Ash said cracking up laughing.

            We decided to stop at Friendly’s for waffle fries and an ice cream sundae. I laughed with her and people at the other booths and tables gave us weird looks as if we were on drugs or something. When the waiter came with our sundae he gave us the same look as everyone else, and walked away. I looked at Ash and we both started laughing again. Once we settled down, we started to dig in.