Chapter 36 ~ Part 2

~Later On~

        We pulled up to Kalee’s house and I could tell John was hesitant. His hands gripped the steering wheel as if he were going to suck the life out of it.

        “You know if you grip that any tighter it might just come off.”

        Immediately he released the steering wheel leaving two perfect indents. No one would ever know he was nervous. John exited the car and walked around to open my door. Chivalry is no dead ladies! His hand went straight to mine as we walked up driveway to the light yellow bungalow. It was a cute with white shutters and a small garden in the front. The door was a bright red with a dark stained knocker. John reached up and knocked three times.

        “Who on earth could that be? Are you expecting anyone?”

I turned and looked up at John, “Do you recognize that voice?”

John shook his head and positioned himself so that I was standing behind him.

The door swung open revealing a woman who was in her early forties with short blonde hair and the same blue green eyes that Kalee had. She scanned me and John and I could have sworn I saw her sniff the air too.

        She narrowed her eyes at John but I could tell it was really for me. I think she was trying to burn a whole through him to me.

        “You!”She shouted and pointed her finger at us, “You! What are you doing? How dare you come here?”

        I was seriously scared of this woman and John could tell. I was now fully behind him with his arms forming a small circle around me.

        “Mom! Please stop yelling,” Kalee said as she wheeled around the corner.

        “They did this to you.” She turned back to John and I, “You are not welcome here.”

        “John, Morgan please come in and ignore my crazy a** mother of a witch,” She said with a smiled.

        John cautiously stepped into the house making sure not to lose eye contact with Kalee’s mother.

        “Mother, behave,” Kalee said through her teeth.

        I had only been inside Kalee’s house once before this. John and I had come to help her get settled after the accident. It was decorated to make you feel at home. The walls which hung picture frames and painting were a light brown color. To the right of the entryway was an open concept living room and dining combination. It was homey and that is what I loved about it. Her home reminded me of my old house before my father and I moved into the pack house.

        “So what bring you guys here? Shouldn’t you be at the wedding?” Kalee asked as she led us to her living room.