Chapter 24 ~ Some Kinda Peace

I went to go find her outside in the garden but I had no idea where she was. I used my wolf sense of hearing and heard her talking to her father.

“Morgan calm down, sweetheart,” Ruben said.

“Calm down? I just found out that my mother was killed because he was angry that she tried to help his mate’s parents. Yet, her parents got to live? He killed your wife, my mother! How can you tell me to calm down?” she yelled.

“Because I stopped looking for someone to blame, Morgan,” he yelled back, “She is gone and no matter how much I wish she wasn’t, I have to accept it. Yes, it is unfair that your mother had to surfer for a reason I do not know, but you have to stop searching for someone to blame.” He told her.

            Ruben’s voice was sad and hurt, but it sounded strong. He has been out of the loop through this whole processes and I think he was happy about that. Even though he hasn’t fully accepted Arianna’s death, he doesn’t want to people to investigate it. Something ran into me knocking me out of my thoughts. I looked down at the small figure of my mate who had her arms wrapped around me. I wrapped my arms around her and tucked her head under my chin. She cried into my shirt and held me tighter. Ruben came running into the garden we were in and looked me in the eyes.

“Take care of her, please,” he mouthed before sighing and walking away.

I nodded to myself. I will take care of her and will make sure she stops hurting.

“Morgan you should talk to them.”

She looked up at me with confused eyes, “Talk to whom?”

“Charlie’s parents,” I told her.

            Morgan’s eyes widened and she backed away from me.

“Why?”

“Morgan, just listen to me,” she shook her head.

“You agree with them to don’t you,” she said looking at me with sad eyes, “Don’t you?” she asked upset.

            I reached out to her but she backed away. Luckily, the hedge was behind her and she couldn’t run away from me. She looked to either side of her for a way out, but both of my arms bold any way of her getting away from me.

“Listen, please?”

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I took it as a yes.

“I don’t know what to agree with or who to agree with, but I do know that you want answers. I want to know why this all happened. Grace wants us to see thing from a different perspective. My parents want to make sure everyone to be safe. You want to know why. Why this happened to her, your mother. I just think that they will give you something that no one else can,” I said looking into her eyes.