Chapter 3 ~ Packing

The next day I called Ash and asked her to come help pack. Of course she said yes. 

Ding. Dong. 

"Hey Ash thanks for com-" I didn't finish 

"Hey Morg I brought some help." She said smiling like a kid who knew they did something wrong. 

"I can see" I said, "Hi John" 

"Hey" He said smiling at me. He looks so cute when he smiles. 

"Come on in" I said  

"Nice house" John said looking around 

"Thanks, my mom put her heart and soul into it." 

"That she did." My father said walking in. "Hello Ashling, John."  

"Hi, Mr. Davidson" Ash said smiling at him 

"Hello, sir" 

My dad smiled at them "John can you help me get some boxes out of the garage?" 

"Sure that's what I am here for." 

Once they left the room I turned to Ash and gave her a death look. 

"Okay I know your mad but-" 

"Why did you bring him? Why?" I said screaming the last part 

"I wasn't going to until my mom suggested it and my dad thought it was a good idea so, here we are." 

I sighed in frustration. The more time I spend with John the more the bond between us grows. 

"Have you ever considered telling him?" 

I looked at her as if she was crazy. "Of course I have. I consider it every day." 

"Then why don't you just tell him?" 

"Because" 

"Because isn't an answer." 

"Yes it is" 

"No it isn't" 

"Yes" 

"No" 

"Yes" 

"No" 

"Will you two just shut up?" John said annoyed. How long has he been there? 

"John, is because an answer?" Ash asked 

"Yeah, everyone knows that." 

"Since when?" 

"Wait that is what you two were fighting about?" 

"Yeah" We said at the same time and John started cracking up.  

"You too are so weird" He said shaking his head 

"Yeah well the weird one is your mate." Ash said low enough for only me to hear it. 

I slapped her shoulder 

"Ouch! What was that for?" 

"You know" I said 

"Okay why don't we split up Morgan and I can take the living room. Ash, you can work on the books in the library with Mr. Davidson." 

No. No. No. No. No. No.  

"That's fine with me." She said with an evil smile. 

"Good luck." She said to me as she made her way to the library. 

I walked into the living room and started wrapping up pictures and trinkets. 

"So you what made you decide to come live at the pack house?" John asked breaking the silence 

"Um I guess I wanted to be closer to the people I love. You know?" 

"Yeah I know." 

"I think it will be good for my dad too. When my mom died it was like he had died too." I said looking at a picture of all of us at the beach on her birthday. 

"I think it will be good for him too." Now that surprised me. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, I remember when I was little and your parents babysat me for my parents I would have the best time." He said laughing, "One time your dad and I tried to make dinner for her and let's just say we went out to eat that night." I laugh at the thought of my dad cooking. 

"I can believe he tried to cook." 

"I can't believe we didn't burn the house down at night." 

We both laughed. I can't believe at how happy I was. I hadn't laughed this hard since my mom died. 

"I haven't laughed this hard since she died." What did I just say that? 

"I can say that I know what your feel cause I don't." I smiled at that everyone say they know how it feels to loss someone but most of the time that someone isn't their mom. 

"Thank you." I said letting a tear escape from my eyes  

"Hey don't cry." He said getting up from his spot and coming to look me in the eye 

"I am sorry. I don't know what is wrong with me." 

"Don't be" he said enveloping me in a hug. 

I hug him back. Way does this have to feel so right? 

"We better finish up in here." He said letting me go. 

"Yeah we should." I said turning my back to him and started wrapping again.