5. Lost

(Hey guys! I'm back sorry for the long wait. But I hope you enjoy this chapter let's get on with it!)

I walked through the town, being greeted by all the citizens. I smiled and waved politely to them all.

"You look absolutely horrible today!" A witch said.

"Aw, thank you!" I beamed "and you look terrible as ever!"

That whole interaction might have seemed weird to you...but that's how people talk here. Horrible, ugly, terrible, etc. All mean good things. Don't get me wrong. beautiful, pretty, gorgeous still mean good things, its just more common for us to use the other words.

I walked up to the mayors house and knocked on the door. No one answered. I rung the doorbell, to which a startled shriek came from inside the house.

"Mason? Are you okay?" The door opened and there stood Mason, holding a hand on his heart, or where it used to be.

"D-don't scare me l-like that!" He scolded.

"Sorry" I giggled. "I just wanted to come check on you and make sure you were okay"

"Oh! C-come on in!" He said as he opened the door and stepped aside. I smiled and walked inside the familiar home.

"Is your Dad home?" I asked.

"N-no, he's still at t-town hall...d-doing m-mayor things" Mason answered.

"Does he know what happened?" I asked.

"Oh n-no! Not a-at all. I d-don't want h-him to worry" Mason explained.

"So you're not gonna tell him at all?" I asked tilting my head in confusion.

"N-no, of c-course not. He a-already has s-such bad a-a-anxiety and freaks o-out about e-every little thing" Mason said.

"But, Mason. This isn't a little thing. This is bullying and if you don't tell anyone then it won't stop" I said as I put my hand on his shoulder empathetically.

"B-but I told y-y-you!" Mason beamed.

"Mason, I can try, but I don't know how well I can hold them off. I think you should just tell your Dad" I said honestly.

"N-no! I don't want to sc-scare him!" Mason protested.

"But, Mason-" I began.

"Promise you won't tell anyone! Not even Dad!" Mason cut me off.

"Mason-"

"P-p-promise!" Mason said seriously. I sighed and pulled Mason into a hug.

"I promise I won't tell. But you need to promise me that whenever they do anything hurtful that means emotionally, physically, or mentally that you will tell me, so I can protect you" I said softly.

"I promise...I t-tell you ev-everything" He said. I pulled away from the hug and my eyes widened. Mason had a nosebleed.

"Mason, you're nose is bleeding!" I said as I rushed into the kitchen to grab a paper towel.

I walked over to him and sat him down on the couch. I went to wipe the blood away, but he stopped me.

"Y-you don't have t-to do e-e-everything for me" Mason protested.

"I know, but I just want too. You can do it if you want" I said. I handed him the towel and he held it up to his noes, in hopes of stopping the bleeding.

"M-my Dad will b-be home soon...you should p-p-probably get going" Mason reminded.

"Oh, right! I need to get home for dinner anyway" I said. I gave him a quick hug and walked out the door.

I began to walk home, but all I could think of was Mason. He told me not to tell anyone...but what if that makes things worse?

Not telling anyone could really make it worse for him. But if I told someone he would be so mad.

I don't know if I can defend him from oogies henchman by myself. I mean...I'm just a human.

"Princess" My eyes widened in shock (all the puns) I turned around and came face to face with the three bullies.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked.

"We should be asking you the same thing" Barrel said.

"Wh-what?" I asked. I looked around and my eyes widened. I wasn't anywhere near home...I was near the bridge that was over Oogie's layer.

"It's like you wanted to see us" Shock teased.

"I just got lost...that's all" I said nervously. Truth is...they scare me. At school there are teachers to make sure it doesn't get out of hand and at home I have my parents and the towns people...but this...this is their territory...and I'm fresh meat.

"Aw, are you scared?" Lock asked. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me close to him. He studied me, a smirk evident on his face.

"N-no! Only a fool would be scared of you!" I tried to sound as brave as possible, but it wasn't working.

"Y'know...you're father isn't anywhere around right now...who says we can't break a little bit of rules?" Barrel asked as he placed his hands on my waist.

"NO! You perverts! Just because my father isn't around doesn't mean I would disobey him" I said confidently as I pushed myself out of Locks grip.

"Aw, come on loosen up! Or do you want us to do that for you too?" Lock questioned a lustful look stitched onto his face.

I blushed like mad and quickly tried to hide it. I tried walking away, but Shock grabbed my wrist and pulled me to her.

"You're not getting away that easy" She whispered in my ear.

"Wh-what is wrong with you?! Let me g-go!" I cried becoming fearful.

"What happened to that brave act you had going on?" Shock mocked.

"P-please...let me go" I whispered growing fearful.

"What do you think, boys?" Shock asked turning towards Lock and Barrel.

"I say 'no'. Let's teach her a little lesson...maybe next time she won't ignore us" Barrel suggested.

"I-I promise, I'll never ignore you again! Just don't hurt me!" I cried as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"We don't believe you" Lock whispered in my ear

What are they gonna do?

(Hope you enjoyed as always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)