10. School Confrontations

"Mason, it's gonna be okay" I reassured him as we walked down the school halls, on the way to lunch.

"B-but, we saw O-oogie! He's insane, a-and not to m-mention he tells our b-bullies what to do. Who knows wh-what's gonna happen..." He said in worry.

"You do realize my parents are the pumpkin king and queen. And your dad is the mayor, they know how to handle this stuff. My dad's already defeated him once" I informed.

"Yeah, b-but he didn't f-finish him off wh-when he had th-the chance" Mason argued.

Mason and I grabbed a lunch tray and got in the line. I sighed just wanting to drop the topic.

"I don't know why he didn't finish him off. Maybe, he didn't want it on his conscious or something" I suggested as I grabbed an apple from the fruit tray.

Most of the food wasn't ripe, in fact it was rotted. The people in this town are able to eat that type of food. Although, when I started going to this school they had to get other things as well.

It's kind of embarrassing being the only kid who can't eat rotted food, but I'm a human and it isn't healthy.

Mason grabbed rotted apple and we continued down the line. We got our food and began to walk to a table.

"Yeah, the p-pumpkin king h-h-has a c-conscious" Mason replied sarcastically.

"Well, I have a conscious and I'm his daughter" I replied as I sat my tray down at our usual table in the corner.

"Th-that's different. H-he's all b-b-big and s-scary. And you're a-all s-sweet and pr-" He stopped talking and looked down in embarrassment.

"Pretty?" I asked as a blushed creeped onto my cheeks.

"P-pretty cool!" He corrected quickly.

"Oh..." I trailed off and grabbed the apple on my plate.

"Hey, princess" I mentally groaned when I heard the mischievous voice of Lock.

"Yes?" I asked, remembering our agreement. No ignoring, no avoiding.

"What's this?" Barrel asked as he snatched my apple out of my hand.

"It's...an apple" I answered as I took my food back.

"Why is it so red?" Shock asked.

"If you wanted to eat me so bad, you just have to say so" Lock said flirtatiously, referring to the fact that his main color was red.

"It's just a ripe apple, I can't eat rotted food" I answered, ignoring Lock's comment.

I caught a glimpse of Mason who was looking at me in fear. I sent him a weary look and turned back to the three.

"Why not?"

"I'm a human. Its not healthy and I could get sick" I answered.

"Oh, you mean like how humans have an immune system?" Barrel asked. I tilted my head to the side. How does he know about the human body.

"How do you know about the immune system, I mean you don't have one" I questioned.

"They added an extra class on the human body this year, because the one and only human pumpkin princess is coming to school now" He said mockingly.

"And you signed up for it?"

"No, the other class I wanted to take was full so they put me in that class. I hate everyone in there. Just a bunch of fangirls, fanboys, and fanthey's wanting to learn about your bodily functions" He explained in disgust.

"That's...disturbing" I stated.

"Y-Y/N, c-can I t-talk to you?" Mason asked.

"Um, su-"

"No" Lock slammed his hand on the table, stopping me from getting up.

It caught the attention of a few of the students. But, they brushed it off and continued to eat.

"Y-you can't c-c-control her" Mason defended. I began to panic. I love Mason, but it would be better if he stopped talking right now. He doesn't know the agreement I had to make with them, I just don't want him hurt.

"Mason, it's fine" I interrupted.

"Wh-what?" He asked.

"You don't need to stand up for me" I sent him a pleading look. He looked confused, but stopped talking as he understood that I was afraid.

"Y/N, we need to talk to you" Shock said.

"Okay" I looked down at my food. I knew they meant in private, but I was trying to stall as much as I could. Lock let out a stifled laugh, his hand balled into a fist.

"Alone~" He said through gritted teeth.

"B-but, I haven't finished my food" I protested. I was extremely afraid of what they were going to do. And not the good kind of afraid...

"Get the fuck up" Lock demanded as he made a threatening gesture to Mason, which somehow he didn't see.

"I-I'll be right back, Mason" I sent him a smile, trying to calm down the worry I could see on his face.

I got up and walked with Oogie's henchmen. I looked back at Mason who was very confused about the entirety of the situation. I mouthed an 'I'm sorry' before we walked out of the cafeteria.

"Guys, did you really have to make a scene like that in the lunchroom?" I asked in complete embarrassment.

"Yes"

Shock grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards a broom closet. All four of us were trapped inside the tiny closet, making me very claustrophobic

"What did you need?" I asked.

"I'm assuming you know of Oogie Boogie?" Lock asked.

"Oh, you mean the guy who tried to kill my parents? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's been mentioned" I said sarcastically. "Also, why don't you tell him to stop stalking Mason and I?"

"Why would we stop him from doing the thing we asked him to do?" Barrel asked.

"You asked him to do that?! You know my life is private! And I don't like being stalked" I scolded, growing angry at the trio.

"What were you doing flirting with Mason?" Lock asked as he gripped onto my hair.

"I-I wasn't flirting! He's just a friend, what does it have to do with you?" I asked as I tried to pull his hand off of me. He chuckled and sent me a sinister glare.

"Don't you get it? You're ours. You're life is our life. Maybe, you should stop being so lovey-dovey with daddy's boy or a tragic accident may happen" Lock threatened.

"You... You can't be serious" I said in shock.

"Princess, do you wanna see how serious I am?" He asked with a smile that was scarily similar to Oogie's own smile.

What am I going to do?

(Hope you enjoyed! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)