18. Human World

(Cosplay above is from @cornerghost on tik tok)

"So, h-how exactly do w-we get to the h-human world?" Mason asked. We were still walking through the forest. 

"Well, I don't exactly know" I answered. 

"You don't know?" Shock asked. 

"No"

"Then what the fuck are you doing?" Barrel asked. 

"I was just hoping that...y'know, we'd find it," I said, realizing how ridiculous it sounded.

"Oh my god" Barrel mumbled. 

"You snuck out on a hopeless mission to find your Mom and you don't even know how to get to the human world?" Shock asked. 

"Hey..." I was hurt by her comment. "It's...It's not hopeless"

"Guys, calm down" Lock piped up. "We know the way. We'll just help her"

"You three know the way?" I asked. 

"Yeah, we go there sometimes" Barrel answered. 

"Did you really have to get mad at me, when you knew the way?" I asked in exasperation.

"A-all they do is c-complain. Of c-course they did" Mason walked up to me. 

"You little sh-" Shock tried to lunge at Mason. She was held back by Lock and Barrel. 

"You guys, I just want to go before my parents wake up" I groaned. "They'll have a search party the minute they see I'm not in my bed"

"Oh right," Lock said. "Cause your daddy's little princess"

"Can you stop calling me that?" I asked. 

"No, I don't think I can" He answered. "Now, let's go find your second mom"

"Well, don't make it gay" I joked. Shock chuckled at that. 

"Follow me" Barrel took the lead. 

We walked for so long it felt like my legs would fall off. Eventually, we came to the holiday trees. My Dad told me that he wasn't sure how he ended up here when he discovered Christmas. He said he fell asleep and sleepwalked the whole way. 

"Ah, we're close" Shock pointed out.

"Is it near here?" I asked. 

"It's a little way past the holiday trees" Lock explained. 

"L-let's hurry" Mason suggested. "Look at the sky"

I looked up and saw the sky was starting the brighten up. It was no longer pitch black, the sun was rising. How have we been walking for that long? Never mind that, we have to hurry. I can't get caught, I have to find her. 

"Hurry up" I urged. We picked up speed even though my legs were very sore. I was going to ask how they weren't tired until I remembered they were dead. 

"Okay, there it is" I walked forward. There was a tree and it had a ball on it that was blue and green. 

"That's our planet, Earth" Lock explained. "Yeah, apparently we live on it. Weird that they don't tell us that we're living on a ball that is floating in space in our school"

"It's floating in space?" I asked. He nodded. "Woah" I looked around and saw needle and thread sitting near the tree. "This looks like my Mom's"

"Your Mom's been to the human world?" Barrel asked. 

"Yeah, my Dad always gets mad at her for it" I explained. 

"If he gets mad at your Mom for it, imagine how pissed he'll be when he finds out you did it" Lock stated. 

"Shut up" Shock demanded. 

"Make me" He snapped back. 

"O-open the door," Mason said. I reached the doorknob and turned it. Once it opened, I felt a big gust of wind. 

"Wow..." I muttered in awe. 

"What are you waiting for?" Barrel asked. "Jump in" 

"You go first" I crossed my arms. 

"What? Why?" Barrel asked. 

"How do I know you're not gonna ditch me?" I asked. 

"Would we have stopped you and threatened you so you'd bring us just to ditch you?" Lock asked. 

"Just go," I said in frustration. Lock, Shock, and Barrel jumped in with no hesitation. I turned to Mason and smiled. "Let's do this"

We both jumped in. 

...

I landed on something hard. It was concrete. I looked around and saw Mason on the ground next to me. Lock, Shock, and Barrel were standing up. They looked down at us, a smirk on Barrel's face.

"Quite graceful" He commented.

"Shut it" I sneered.

Mason and I stood up and brushed off our clothes. I looked around at the place. It was freezing here and the roads looked icy. There were pieces of trash all over the ground and a cigarette or two.

"So...this is the human world?" I asked. 

"Not everything you'd hoped?" Shock questioned.

"Well, I thought it'd be a bit cleaner" I sighed. "The place I come from isn't all that great"

"It's the people's fault. Most of them, at least. They just don't care" Barrel explained. 

"How do we get back to Halloween Town?" I asked. 

"What? You wanna go back already?" Lock said in disbelief.

"No, I just want to know for when we have to leave" I explained. 

"Through the woods, you'll find a hole in the ground with a single orange leaf. You jump in the hole and you back home. I guess they wanted it to be discrete in case a human found it" Barrel informed. 

"S-so, what d-do we do f-first?" Mason asked. 

(Hope you enjoyed it! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)