8. Visit from Mason

(Shock is kind of covered up, but I couldn't find many cosplay photos for these three)

I jumped when I heard a knock on my door. I walked out of the bathroom and opened my bedroom door.

I was surprised to see Mason standing there. I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow.

"H-hey..." He said awkwardly.

"Hi...What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh, r-right. Well, I-I was really w-worried about y-you. So, I came o-over and your D-dad said I could c-come over and ch-check on you" Mason explained.

"Oh, well come on in. I was about to clean up the cuts" I said as I stepped aside and let Mason in my room.

I closed the door and he awkwardly stood there. I let out a small chuckle.

"You can sit down, Mason" I said as I gestured to the bed.

"O-oh right!" He exclaimed in embarrassment. He sat down on the bed.

"I'm surprised they let you come talk to me. I'm pretty sure I'm grounded" I said with a sigh. I walked into the bathroom, keeping the door open so we could still talk.

"Y-you are? I-I'm sorry" Mason said sadly. I grabbed a rag and got it damp, then walked back into my room.

"Don't be sorry, its not your fault" I said, sending him a small smile. I went to try and wash the blood off, until I realized I had no mirror to see.

I stood up, to walk back into the bathroom. Mason gently grasped my wrist. I looked back at him in confusion.

"I-I can help y-you" Mason suggested, with a bright blush. I giggled at his cute actions. "O-only if y-y-you want"

"That's very sweet of you" I gratefully accepted. I sat down next to him. He took the rag and paced his hand on my cheek.

My cheeks flushed red and I laughed nervously.

"S-sorry" He apologized with a small laugh. He tilted my head and gently began to wipe away to blood. "I-I'm not h-hurting you a-am I?"

"No, I'm fine" I reassured him. He began to wipe away the blood that was on my eye.

I jumped when the door opened. Mom and Dad stood there. Dad looked monotone and Mom was smiling.

"Sorry. Did we interrupt something?" Mom asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh no! I-it's not like that" I denied, turning as red as a tomato.

"Whatever you say" Mom said in a sing-songy voice. "Let's give them some privacy"

"You better not try anything" Dad warned Mason.

"M-Mr. S-Skellington. I-I would n-never-" Mason began.

"Don't be like that, Jack. You know Mason, he wouldn't do anything" Mom said as she pulled Dad out of the room and closed the door.

"Sorry about them" I said in embarrassment.

"I-It's f-fine" Mason brushed it off. "Th-the bloods all c-cleaned o-off"

"Thank you" I said with a thankful smile.

"Wh-what happened in th-the forest?" Mason asked out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Y-you've got a br-bruise on you n-neck. L-like someone tr-tried to strangle y-you" Mason said as he pointed to your neck.

"Oh, that" I internally panicked as I tried to figure out an excuse. "That was my fault actually"

"How?" Mason asked.

"I thought a felt a spider on my neck and tried to punch it off. Resulting in a bruise" I lied.

"Y-you're not th-that strong" Mason stated.

"I was surprised too" I said with a sigh. "Maybe it was...an adrenaline rush"

"D-don't lie to m-me, N/N" Mason demanded.

"I'm not lying, Mason" I denied. I want to tell him so bad. But I can't put him in danger.

"D-don't you p-p-promise?" He asked.

"I promise" I said as I tightly embraced him. I feel so terrible.

"W-wanna go t-to the graveyard?" Mason asked.

"I'm in trouble remember?" I reminded him sadly.

"Oh..."

"But, it wouldn't hurt to ask!" I beamed. I hopped off the bed and pulled him with me. I ran down the stairs and saw Mom and Dad talking.

"It's about time" Dad said impatiently.

"I have a question" I stated.

"Well, what is it?" Dad asked.

"I know I'm in trouble, but can Mason and I go to the cemetery? I promise I'll stay with him! I won't leave his side" I asked hopefully.

"N-" Dad began.

"Of course, you can!" Mom cut him off.

"What? I just said-" Mom cut him off once again.

"Oh come on, honey. When has Y/N ever purposely done something wrong. This was simply an accident! And who better to be with her than Mason" Mom tried to convince.

"Oh. Alright" Dad reluctantly agreed.

"Yay! Thank you, Dad!" I said happily. I ran over and hugged his legs. I couldn't quite reach him due to how tall he was. "Thank you, Mom" I also hugged her.

"H-have a l-l-lovely day, Mr and M-Mrs, S-Skellington" Mason politely said. I waved good bye to my parents and we ran outside.

Finally, something good to distract me from the whole mess I'm in...

(Hope you enjoyed! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)