12. Human Holidays

I walked out of the school with Mason at my side. Lock, Shock, and Barrel were walking behind me and keeping a close eye. My eyes widened when I saw my Dad standing there.

"Dad! What are you doing here? The bus is supposed to pick me up" I said. Although he was looking behind me and a scowl was evident on his face.

"Why are they here?" He asked, leaning down to my height.

"They go to school here" I answered.

"Why can't they go somewhere else?" He asked.

"It's a small town and there's only one school. Why do you think there's a seven year old over there?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

"Hello, your majesty" Lock said sarcastically. Dad stood up straight, towering over all of us.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"What? We can't talk to our beloved pumpkin king?" Barrel asked sarcastically.

"I don't want you anywhere near my daughter or my family" My father said sternly.

"Oh, like we would want to be around your uptight, spoiled, selfish family" Shock sneered. My mouth fell open in shock. That kind of hurt my feelings..

"Get out of my sight" My Dad spat. They all giggled evilly and ran off. "You haven't been talking to them have you?"

"Of course not, Dad. Why would I want to?" I asked. My Dad looked over at Mason.

"Is that true?" He questioned.

"O-of course, sir! Sh-she despises them" Mason said.

"Alright, I believe you. Anyways, you're Mom wanted me to pick you up" Dad turned back to me.

"Why? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, but you know how she's been starting to celebrate human holidays. Well, she found out about a new one and wants to celebrate with you" Dad said.

"Okay, bye Mason" I said as I waved to him. He got on the bus and I walked home with Dad.

"So, what's this new holiday called?" I asked.

"Not sure...I think it started with a 'p'" Dad answered.

"Is it in the circle of holiday trees?" I questioned.

"I don't think so. I didn't see it there" Dad responded. "But I'm sure it'll be great"

We eventually arrived home and I tilted my head in confusion. There was a big rainbow decoration hanging from our roof.

"Ooh, pretty" I said in awe. I opened the door and saw Mom in the living room.

The whole house had rainbow decorations. Mom held a cake with y/p/f colors. (your pride flag) There was a flag on the wall with the same colors.

"Mom, what is all this?" I asked in surprise. She put the cake on the table and clapped her hands together happily.

"Well, I did some research and found out that this month is what the humans call "pride month" I found out that your what they call y/s. (Your sexuality)" Mom began. "And they have flags for all these things! So, I threw a party for you!"

"Woah...they have a whole month for this?" I asked in joy.

"I know, isn't this great?" Mom said happily.

"It is! Where did you get all these things?" I asked.

"I may have had a little trip to the human world" Mom said sheepishly.

"What?" Dad asked.

"I didn't get caught, don't worry. But, let's have cake!" Mom said.

Humans are awesome!

(Hope you enjoyed! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)