16. Mason's T-shirt

"Come on Mason! We're gonna be late" I said in worry as I pulled him along. We ran into the school and were completely out of breath. "Maybe we shouldn't have stayed up so late last night," We both looked at each other, staring into each other's eyes, breathing heavily, then fell into a fit of laughter.

"We look a mess" I exclaimed as I tried to flatten my wrinkled shirt.

"I can't believe y-your Dad l-let me stay o-over on a school n-night," Mason said.

"I didn't even have time to change my shirt" I replied with a sigh.

"Do you n-need one? I always h-have an extra shirt in my b-backpack" Mason offered as he started to unzip his bag.

"Why?"

"Oh, m-my Dad" Mason answered. "He's always w-worried I might spill s-something...or someone m-might spill something o-on me. But here y-you go"

Mason handed me the shirt from his bag. It was a dark green T-shirt, with nothing on it. I held it up to my body, it was a bit big, but not too much. Although, I wasn't going to complain.

"Thank you! But, why do you have a T-shirt in your bag when it's practically freezing outside. You know Halloween just passed and now Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up so it's more than chilly" I said.

"Th-that doesn't exactly a-affect me" Mason answered sheepishly.

"What do you mean?" I asked in bewilderment.

"W-well...I'm dead" Mason said simply. I looked down, it suddenly made sense why no one here was complaining about the weather or wearing long-sleeved clothes. I'm the only one here that's alive...

"Oh...right. And I'm not" I mumbled. Mason put his hands on my shoulders and I looked at him.

"I-it's not a b-bad thing" He reassured me.

"Mason, you don't have to try and make me feel better," I told him.

"N-no, really!" He continued. "Th-there's just something about y-you. You can do so m-many wonderful things th-that none of us c-can do"

"Mason, I get it. You're my friend and you're trying to make me happy, but you don't have to-"

"No!" He interrupted. "Y-y-y-y.." He trailed off.

"Calm down, Mason" I placed my hands on his cheeks. "Take a deep breath and slow down, alright?" He nodded and did as I said. He gently took my hands off his face and smiled.

"I'm sorry" He apologized. "I just w-wanted to let you know h-how amazing you a-are. J-just because e-everyone in this town is d-dead and you're not, d-doesn't make you any l-less...amazing"

"I know, Mason. You remind me every day and I couldn't be more thankful" I comforted. "I'm gonna go change into this shirt, I'll meet you in class...save a seat for me?"

"Of course" He turned and started towards class, while I walked into the girl's bathroom. Dead people didn't need to use the restroom so it was just there for decoration and sometimes kids would skip class in it. But, since I started coming here, they had to make it useable. I walked into the stall and speedily changed into Mason's shirt.

I wonder if Dad will be mad about this. He's already cautious about boys, but I wasn't sure how he'd react to me wearing Mason's clothes. He knew Mason, yes. But, Mason was also a boy. Whatever, I will worry about that later.

I headed to class and saw Mason, in the back, with a seat open next to him. I sat down and we talked about random, ridiculous topics, waiting for class to start.

"Y/N" Mason said. I tilted my head and he pointed at the door. I turned and mentally groaned. Lock, Shock, and Barrel made their way into class. I remembered my deal with them.

*flashback*

"We want you to spend as much time with us, as you spend with Mason"

"Whatever you do with Mason, you do with us"

"I mean if you hug him, you hug us. If you hold his hand, you hold ours, etc"

"And don't think just because we aren't there doesn't mean we aren't watching, we'll always know, princess"

*flashback over*

Oh no...did they see me and Mason in the hallway? Did they know about the sleepover? Would they make me do that? There's no way, they probably wouldn't even want to. Hopefully. Even if they did, they couldn't. There was no way Dad would let them, of all people, spend the night.

"Hey there, you two" Shock said, placing her hands on our desk.

"Hi..." I muttered.

"You two have fun last night?" Lock asked.

"Wh-what?" Mason asked in confusion.

"It's nothing, Mason. They're just trying to get on our nerves" I comforted.

"Whose shirt is that?" Barrel asked. 

"Mine, why do you need to know?" I asked stubbornly. I wasn't sure what they might do if they found out it was Mason's. Unless they already knew. But, if they didn't I wasn't going to blow it by telling the truth. 

"It looks a little big" Lock commented.

"Maybe I like baggy shirts" I retorted.

"It's green," Shock said. 

"I like the color green" I spat, growing annoyed by their nagging. 

"Aw, so does that mean you like my hair?" Barrel teased. I sent him a glare.

"Can you just shut up?" I snapped.

"Well-" Barrel began but was cut off by the teacher walking into the classroom. 

"Okay, class. Settle down" The teacher said. I smirked at the three in front of me. They scowled and reluctantly turned to their seats.

Did that go well? I'm not sure...

(Hope you enjoyed it! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)