chapter five - percy is kinda cool

CHAPTER FIVE

☽ 𓆉

          ESTELLA WENT TO the Hermes cabin, which she had wasn't too impressed with. Not only was it not the prettiest, but it was also packed. Only a fraction of the kids there were children of Hermes. The rest were either kids like her (unclaimed) or children of minor gods. Why weren't there cabins for minor gods if their kids were here?

Julia and Alice helped her get sorted. According to the girls Estella was lucky since she got a room by herself. They quickly reminded her that would change once an unclaimed camper came in.

Once they gave her fresh clothes, which consisted of a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and jean shorts, the two left to join the other campers at the bonfire.

Estella wasn't feeling the bonfire festivities. Instead, she laid on her bed. She yearned to call her father, but she was too afraid to ask Tantalus or Mr. D.

As she stared at the ceiling, tears formed in her eyes. "Who are you, mom? Why haven't you claimed me?"

The girl half expected a glowing object to appear over her head, like what happened to Tyson before. Instead, she was greeted with nothing, and the logical side of her expected that.

With a sigh, Estella rolled over on the bed and hugged a pillow to her chest.

She never thought she would miss her father so much. As different as they were, he still cared for her. Here, she was left to defend herself. She never asked for this. She never asked to be part god. Why couldn't her father fall in love with someone normal?

Estella's head ached as more questions swirled in her mind.

She squeezed her eyes shut, focusing on the faint sound of the campers happily singing together. Soon enough, the faint harmonies lulled the girl into a deep sleep, preparing her for what she would face the next day.

☽ 𓆉

          ESTELLA WAS WOKEN up by Julia and Alice shaking her. Normally Estella would groan at her father for breaking her slumber, but she soon remembered she wasn't home.

"Percy is here for you," Alice sang.

Estella sat up. "What? Why?"

"I think he wants to get you more acquainted to camp," Julia told.

"He's so dreamy," Alice said.

"O-okay. Tell him I'll be out in five minutes," Estella told.

Julia and Alice walked out of her room and closed the door. Estella quickly got dressed in her new clothes and slicked her curly hair into a ponytail. The girl desperately wanted to shower, but she was too rushed for time.

She walked out of her room, earning looks from Alice and Julia. Estella rolled her eyes and left the cabin. There, Percy stood before her with a smile.

"I thought I could train you in sword fighting," he said.

Estella's eyes practically popped out of her head. "Sword fighting? Me?"

"Yes you," Percy chuckled.

He grabbed a pen from his pocket and uncapped it, immediately turning it into a long bronze sword. It was the same sword he used back at their school when he fought the Canadians.

"That's so cool," Estella gasped.

"We can get one for you if the sword is your ideal weapon."