chapter one - its game time, witches

CHAPTER ONE
☽ 𓆉

          "YOU'RE GROWING stronger every day, Estella," Chiron said as he lowered his sword. "I'm very proud of the progress you've made."

Estella lowered hers as well, trying to catch her breath. While her friends were in boarding schools for the fall, Estella stayed at Camp Half-Blood with permission from her dad. She tried to Iris Message her friends when she wasn't practicing magic or sword fighting. She and Percy talked frequently, updating each other on their day-to-day lives. Annabeth answered once and a while because she was busy with her genius architecture stuff. On their calls, she would talk to Thalia for a bit, too. Estella realized she was a lot like Percy.

"Thanks, Chiron," Estella said. "You should give yourself credit. You're the only one who likes to duel me."

The rest of the kids at camp, to say the least, were not as eager to train as Estella. But those kids also didn't have a Great Prophecy to worry about.

Chiron chuckled. "I just think the other campers are afraid."

"Good to know," Estella's words were laced with sarcasm. "I'm going to go freshen up. I'll see you at dinner."

Estella teleported to the Hermes cabin. She didn't teleport often but she would when she didn't feel like walking. It was good practice for her. The burning sensation in her lungs wasn't as strong now that she can control her powers better. She can now teleport over longer distances, too.

Estella walked inside and was greeted by Cecil Markowitz. He and the Stoll brothers were the only ones in the cabin with her while the rest were off at school. It was nice to have some quiet since the summer always was overcrowded and hectic.

The brunette went to her room, only to see a dainty, yet powerful figure sitting on her bed. Estella quickly tapped her pendant and pointed her sword at the person.

They turned around, and Estella was instantly blown away. Her sword loosened in her grip as she stared at the woman. Her features were constantly changing, where two of the faces reminded Estella of Percy and Annabeth. She strode over to Estella and gently grabbed the sword, placing it on her bed.

"Who—who are you?"

The woman chuckled. "Who do you think, child?"

The woman reached out and tucked a hair behind Estella's ear with a soft smile. She warmed to the woman's touch, feeling a wave of peace.

"Aphrodite," Stella whispered.

"Correct," she smiled. "Do you know why I'm here?"

"No," Estella said, snapping out of her trance. Why was the Goddess of Love in her bedroom?

"I'm here because I need to warn you. As you are aware, I love a good love story, and there is a perfect one to come for you... That is if you make the right choices."

Estella blinked, not knowing what she meant.

"You know of the Great Prophecy, correct?" Aphrodite asked.

"I— I know a general idea. A child of the Big Three and a child of magic will either save or destroy Olympus. Only they can do it because they're bound by the Fates," Estella explained.