chapter twelve - sissy issues

CHAPTER TWELVE
☽ 𓆉

          ESTELLA AND PERCY woke up at the same time. Percy was more fatigued than her and unsuccessfully tried to sit up.

"Rest, Percy. You're going to need it."

Annabeth glanced at Estella, the both of them sharing a knowing look. Tyson was most likely dead from the explosion, and Percy had to swallow that fact.

"Tyson...?"

Annabeth shook her head. "Percy, I'm sorry."

The waves rocked the boat as they sat in silence.

"He may have survived," Estella said. "Since fire can't kill him."

Percy nodded, but it looked like he'd just seen a ghost. Estella placed a hand on him, trying to reassure him that he wasn't alone. Percy just smiled half-heartedly.

Annabeth managed to gather things that she'd saved from the wreckage. There wasn't much, let alone anything valuable.

They sailed for hours in the Sea of Monsters. Those few hours stressed Estella out. She constantly watched the brilliant green sea, waiting for something to snatch them up from the water.

Everyone was exhausted and hungry. They shared sips from the one Dr. Pepper they had.

Percy brought up his dream about Grover, warning them that they only had twenty-four hours to find him. Estella was quite disturbed to hear what the satyr endured.

"Yeah, you can never trust a Cyclops," Percy said bitterly.

Annabeth looked at the ocean. "I'm sorry, Percy. I was wrong about Tyson, okay? I wish I could tell him that."

Percy stared at her, a debate going on in his mind. Estella could tell he was battling about his feelings for Annabeth. He gave up and glanced down.

"Annabeth, what's Chiron's prophecy?" He asked suddenly. This caught Estella's interest.

Annabeth pursed her lips. "Percy, I shouldn't—"

"I know Chiron promised the gods he wouldn't tell me. But you didn't promise, did you?"

"Knowledge isn't always good for you."

"My mom said the same thing the day she claimed me. But it does have to do with me and Percy, doesn't it?" Estella asked.

Annabeth sighed. "When heroes know their future, they always try to change the outcome and it never works."

"What are you trying to say?" Estella asked.

"The gods are worried about something I'll do— or we'll do, when we're sixteen."

"I don't know the full prophecy, guys. But it warns about two half-bloods, one a child of the Big Three, and the other of magic. Both of them, bound together by the fates, will be a dangerous weapon."

"Why?" They both asked.

"Because they will decide the fate of Olympus. They will decide that either saves the Age of the Gods or destroys it."