chapter two - they go to knockoff hogwarts

CHAPTER TWO
☽ 𓆉

PERCY AND them were right on time. Estella and Chiron waited by the edge of the road, away from the camp's border (Gods forbid if there was a monster attack). Estella made sure that Darius stayed behind and watched over her cabin mates while she was away.

They pulled up a few minutes after Chiron and Estella walked to the road. Percy's mom rolled down the window with a big smile.

"Hi, Estella! It's so nice to meet you— Percy's said so many good things. He loves to gush about you." From beside her, Percy's face was bright red. "Hop in."

Estella turned to Chiron, where he placed a firm hand on her shoulder. "Stay safe, young one. I expect you, all of you, to come back in one piece."

"Sure thing, Chiron," Estella said as she climbed in the car.

Annabeth engulfed her in a hug before the girl even sat in her seat.

"Oh Gods, I missed you so much! How was camp?"

Estella closed the door and Sally drove off with one last wave to Chiron. "It was good, not too eventful. But I can't complain."

To demigods, an "eventful" life was one full of danger and monsters. Estella was glad to be out of the spotlight for a few months. But now that she is in the real world, she's sure they'll encounter a monster or two.

"Have you practiced magic?" Percy asked.

"Yeah," Estella said. "I've got a bunch of new incantations in my notebook."

She could feel the weight of it in her backpack by her feet. She packed that, a couple of outfits, and some snacks. Blight hung around her neck, of course.

"Wow... spells... you're a real-life witch!" Sally exclaimed.

"Mom—" Percy groaned.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"Oh, I love this," Thalia mumbled, enjoying the fact that Sally constantly embarrassed the Son of Poseidon.

"This has been going on the whole car ride," Annabeth whispered.

Estella giggled, glad to be back with her family.

☽ 𓆉

IT WAS dark by the time they got to Westover Hall. The entire ride through Maine Sally babbled embarrassing stories about baby Percy. Estella was quite entertained by it, to his dismay.

Thalia wiped fog away from her window. "Oh yeah. This'll be fun."

Estella did the same and Annabeth leaned over. Westover hall reminded her of Hogwarts but in a more menacing way. It was surrounded by a dark forest and a cliff by the ocean. She could only hear the waves crashing against the rock.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Sally asked.

"No thanks, mom. I don't know how long we'll take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

"It's okay, Ms. Jackson. We'll keep him safe," Annabeth said with her signature smile.

"It's true. Percy will be in our sights the entire time," Estella added.

Sally's shoulders relaxed. "All right dears," she said. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Ms. Jackson. Thanks for the ride," Thalia said.

"Extra sweaters? You have my cellphone number?