chapter fifteen - the fleece saves annabeth

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
☽ 𓆉

"I GOT Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated.

They crept out of the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up empty air. He shook his fist and a hat fell to the ground. Annabeth hung upside down by her legs.

"Ahah! Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Estella's stomach sank at the sight of Annabeth. She was dazed with a nasty cut on her head. Her eyes were glassy and faraway.

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You guys—"

"Percy? You think you can take him on by yourself?"

"Newbie is right," Clarisse agreed. She armed herself with a ram's horn spear in the cave. Grover found a sheep's thigh bone. Estella tapped her pendant and Blight was in her hands.

"We take him together."

"Yeah," Grover said. He blinked.

How were they all agreeing with Clarisse?

"All right. Attack plan Macedonia." Percy looked at Estella. "Come with me and distract him."

She was thankful he said that because she wasn't at camp long enough to understand what he meant.

The truth is, Percy didn't want to separate from the girl. He felt protective over her. He would make sure she's safe. Clarisse wouldn't.

The both of them pointed their swords at the monster.

"Hey, Ugly!" Percy shouted.

"We're over here, stupid!"

The monster whirled toward them. "Another two? Who are you?"

"Put down my friend. We're the ones who insulted you."

"You both are Nobody?"

"That's right, you disgusting slob! We're Nobody and a lot better than you," Estella said.

"Put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again," Percy threatened.

"RAAR!"

Time seemed to slow down. Estella's eyes widened as Annabeth was then dropped, head first, toward a pile of rocks. Her instincts kicked in and she was underneath her blonde friend. Annabeth fell into her arms, and Estella gently placed her on the ground.

She looked up to see Polyphemus pummeling towards Percy. Her heart raced and she teleported again, this time to grab Percy and move him out of the way just as the Cyclops' hand smacked where the boy should have been.

"Where did you go!" The Cyclops shouted, unaware of Estella's ability.

"Thanks," Percy blushed.

Estella's head twirled. "No problem."

"For Pan!" Grover rushed in from the right. He threw the sheep bone that bounced off the monster's forehead. Clarisse tan in from the left and set her spear against the ground in time for the monster to step on it. He wailed in pain and the girl dove out of the way to not get trampled.

Percy rushed back into the action while Estella needed a minute to recover.

She may have loved her powers, but she hated the feeling that came with too much use of it. Her lungs burned as she tried to regain her strength. She knew she had to do it quickly— because Percy and Clarisse needed her to help fight off Polyphemus.