Chapter Forty-six

Epilogue

Avery looked down at her sleeping angel. She had her daddy's blue eyes and wisps of red hair. She couldn't believe three months prior Oliver was racing her to the hospital.

He was more nervous than she was. She had to stop him from barking at the medical professionals while she was dealing with having a human being making its way out of her. When the time came to push, he looked like he was going to pass out. For at least an hour post-birth, Oliver fretted over Avery, she had to reassure him she was fine and held him close to stop him trembling. Despite all of that, the moment he laid eyes on Charlotte, she watched him fall in love in an instant. He was the most amazing husband and father.

The pregnancy itself was okay. The doctors had her come back fairly regularly due to the incident with Leah and Aaron. She had some bleeds here and there, but it wasn't anything threatening. There were some concerns about her kidneys, it wasn't severe for the moment, but it caused them to keep a close watch on Avery and thankfully it didn't affect her pregnancy with Charlotte.

Her headaches and kidney problems were a permanent result from all the abuse inflicted by Jeremiah.

Avery saw a therapist a few weeks after being discharged from the hospital. They helped organize her thoughts and feelings and reaffirm her self-worth. She was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and PTSD, not that it was surprising. She was resistant to medication, talk therapy was enough for her to learn how to cope. The therapist also assisted in preparing her for motherhood. Something she really needed given her anxiety towards being a good mom.

Everyone knew it was going to take a long time to deal with the past traumas, but at least she was on the road to becoming well adjusted and healthy. 

At about the 4-month mark of her pregnancy they bought a house and moved out of the apartment to somewhere no one knew the address to. It wasn't too big or too small. It was private and safe.

"What are you thinking about?"

Avery jumped and suppressed the squeal that wanted to come out of her mouth.

"About buying that bell," she whisper-yelled.

Avery picked up the monitor and sneaked out of the nursery. Oliver chuckled and pulled her to him.

"How about we make another one?" He murmured against her skin. Avery melted and a soft moan met his ears when he sucked and kissed her neck.

Avery wrapped her arms around his neck and sought his lips out. She kissed him with every ounce of passion she possessed. Their lips molded and tongues danced. Oliver pulled her closer and slid his hands down her body to her small, yet voluptuous ass. Without breaking the kiss, he picked her up and wrapped her legs around his waist.

As he walked to the bedroom, her hips bucked against his erection causing him to groan and hold her tighter. She was thrown onto the bed sheets and Oliver followed not long after. He slid his hands under her shirt and trailed over her skin and down to her jeans.

Slowly, teasingly, he unbuttoned her pants and peeled them down her legs. She sat up and pulled him to her where she impatiently nipped his lips and unbuttoned his shirt. He took off the rest swiftly and threw them in a heap.

He hovered over her as she trailed her hands down his taut muscles. She moaned when his fingers slid their way inside easily. He teased her and went at an agonizing and slow pace.

"Olly..." she moaned breathily.

Oliver smirked, his blue eyes shone with desire, love and amusement. "Yes, my love?"