Chapter 21: Vulnerability

Something's Up With the Grey Twins [Boy/Boy]: Chapter 21: Vulnerability

Alexxis' POV

               I sat in my bed, my arms crossed tightly over my chest and my eyes focused straight ahead of me. 

"Steffen, stop acting like such a brat. You should be happy that I came all this way to get you two." Garrick muttered, pissed that Alex was slowly shutting down again and I was no happier to see him either. 

"My name is not Steffen - It's Alexxis." I corrected amply. 

Garrick rubbed the bridge of his nose in an irritated manner. "Fine! Fine, you want to be called Alexxis, I'll call you Alexxis but you will be called Steffen when we get back to Germany - understand?" 

I defiantly shook my head, "I'm not going back to Germany, nor is Alex." 

Suddenly vexed, of my hospital gown and pulled me forward. "I'm taking both of you back to Germany because that's where you two belong. You two belong with the family." He fingered the ends of my hair roughly, "Although, I'm not going to let the family meet you two with that gay-ass haircut." I slapped his hand away, his other promptly grabbing my wrist before I struck out again. 

"Leave him alone!" Alex suddenly shouted, his eyes burning with some deep intensity. 

Garrick stood up and straightened his tie, "I've had enough of this. I'll be back tomorrow to sign you boys out, and then we're all going home." 

"Fuck you!" I screamed as the door shut behind him. 

I began ripping off the tape that held my IV line and the circular pads that aided in recording my heart beat. 

"What are you doing Alexxis?" Alex questioned. 

I walked over to him, my legs still wobbly after not using them in three days. "We're getting out of here. I'm not gonna lose my parents all over again." I removed his IV line and unhooked the pads that he could peel off himself later. 

"Where are we going to go?" I threw his clothes onto his bed as he began stripping. 

I fastened my pants before smirking, "We're going home." 

               I silently cursed once I realized my uncle had left a guard to watch over us, apparently to keep everyone else out as well. I clutched Alex's hand tightly as I threw the hospital gown over me to hide my street clothes. 'Hey, you think you can get us some water?" I asked the guard as I slightly stuck my head into the hallway. "We've been calling the nurse but no one is coming." He rolled his eyes but made his way down to the nurses' desk anyway. 

Once he was out of sight, I bolted, pulling Alex behind me. I didn't bother to look back - hell, I was going to get Alex and I back home if it killed me. 

"Alexxis, slow down a bit! My legs are still jello." Alex whined but I kept pulling him forward. If we didn't get out now then Garrick would just amp up security and we'd never get out. 

"No running in the halls!" A nurse yelled after us but we were already rounding the corner. I pushed through the door and the cool spring air rushed at me. It must've been evening because it was just barely getting chilly. I ducked behind one of the larger dumpsters before releasing Alex's hand. We were both winded but at least we were no longer in the hospital. 

"We can't stay here long; we need to get to a pay phone." I warned him before he could get too comfortable. 

"There's a pizza place down the street, I know how to get home from there." I nodded and allowed him to lead the way for once.