Chapter 22: False Hope

Something's Up With the Grey Twins [Boy\/Boy]: Chapter 22: False Hope

Alexxis' POV

               I pushed my way through the front door, Shay right behind me. She collapsed on the couch, four of her five books falling off her lap. "My arms are dead - I can't believe you didn't help me..." She whined. 

I slightly chuckled, "I tried but you wouldn't let me." 

"Jerk." She stuck her tongue out at me in a last attempt. 

I smirked and dropped my own bag, "You're dead!" I called jokingly, causing her to throw off the last book and dart down the hall. I ran after her, her giggles giving away her every turn. 

I caught her in the hall between the kitchen and the dining room, uncontrollable laughs exploding from her upon my touch. "I give! I give!" She screamed as I tickled her. 

Holly squeezed passed us, a smile playing on her lips. "Stay away from the glass." She warned. 

"Daddy! Daddy help me!" Shay struggled to scream between laughs. Jason watched us is amusement for a minute before grabbing my hands and pulling them against my chest. 

Shay was eager to pounce, her fingers finding every vulnerable spot almost expertly. I exploded with laughter, my ribs screaming out from the torture. 

"That's not fair dad!" I yelled before I caught myself. Shay stopped as Jason's grip on me lessened. 

You called him 'dad.'" Shay smiled. I just sat there, Shay on my legs and Jason behind me. I had never called anyone 'dad' since I was ten - dad held a negative connotation but slowly, it was starting to mean something else. 

               I leaned against the window frame in my room, the glass cooling my bare chest. In the next room I could hear Holly in tears again while Jason tried to calm her. She was making herself sick worrying about the hearing. The court date was only a few days away and I felt lousy that I couldn't do anything to ameliorate her fears. I was scared too but I didn't want her to know that. Just because Alex and I were adopted in the USA meant nothing in Germany. By German law, we belonged to our Onkel Garrick, by American law we belonged to our adoptive parents - in short - we were stuck between our home and country. 

I slunk into the hall and lightly tapped on Shay's door. "Come in!" 

Her room was a mixture of royal blue, violet, highlighter yellow and black. Her comforter was a mix of half tones and her walls were adorned with the latest technology. "Wow."  

"What?" She had a bunk-bed angled against the far wall that she was currently laying on. I stood on the second step of the ladder, my elbows and chin resting at her feet on the upper bunk. 

"Your room is pretty awesome." 

She looked around, "Kyle decorated it for me..." 

"Kyle is another brother I'm guessing?" 

"Yeah, he's our eldest brother and he's an interior designer." She got on her knees before lying on her stomach, her nose mere inches from mine. "Jealous?" 

I chuckled as I looked around again. "A bit...So am I ever going to meet these other two brothers?" 

She slightly shrugged. "Of course, they'll all be home for the Fourth of July." 

"Two weeks is too long!" I cried and fell to the ground dramatically. 

She laughed as she climbed down and joined me on the floor. "Moms crying again - isn't she?" I shook my head, my playful mood slipping away.