Chapter 17: Aunt Delia's Husband

Something's Up With the Grey Twins [Boy/Boy]: Chapter 17: Aunt Delia's Husband

Alexxis' POV

               Holly grabbed the camera and hollered for everyone to pile in the car. We were basically making a visit to see Jordan, Holly's youngest son of three, into a family road trip. Shay and I sat in the back seat with my new Grandma while Holly sat up front with Jason, who was driving. 

"Alright, we're going to take Grandma to Delia's before heading off..." Holly explained, her mind probably traveling back to when grandma elected to go to Delia's instead of going with us to see Jordan. 

               I hadn't gotten much info on Delia when I asked, only that she was Holly's only sister and my new aunt. Apparently, her and Holly acted very similar but their views on parenting differentiated greatly. Delia's husband was a strict disciplinarian and didn't take shit from anybody. 

               Halfway through the ride Shay pulled out a written set of directions and displayed them proudly. "I got the address through a residential search. It's not that far from Jordan's place - we'll just have to take a bus." 

"Thanks Shay." I hugged her to me, a smile spread widely across my face. 

"It was nothing." She folded the paper and placed it back into the pocket of her backpack. 

"Look Shay - look!" Grandma admired a house that was further down the street, her eyes lighting up considerably. 

Shay smiled along with her. "Yeah Grandma, that's Aunt Delia's house." I wasn't exactly sure of what was wrong with the elder but I'm sure it bordered on some form of Alzheimers... 

Holly turned to Shay and I, her cheerful expression suddenly serious. "I want you two ti stay in my sight at all times - got it?" I agreed, bewildered at her sudden mood change. I looked to Shay who shrugged me off as i to say 'I'll tell you later." 

"Holly-uh-mom, how long are we going to be here?" I asked as we got out of the car. 

The woman in front of me stopped and threw her arms around me. "Alexxis, regardless of what you call me, I still love you." She lightly pecked my cheek and for the first time in years, I truly felt loved by someone other than Alex and I even felt safe. "We're only going to be her as long as we need to be." 

"Holly!" A woman ran from the house and if I didn't take a full moment to look her over, I would've thought it was Holly. 

"Delia!" The sisters embraced and I instantly missed Alex again. 

Suddenly they stopped and I was trapped between Delia's arms. She squeezed me so hard a squeak of air slipped from between my lips. "Is this my new nephew?!" 

"Holly!" I whispered desperately, unable to do anything else. 

She smiled and helped me before I lost all feeling completely. "Delia, this is Alexxis." She hugged me again, this time not so tightly. "Everyone must at least stay for dinner." Holly reluctantly agreed. 

               We all sat in the living room, the sounds of Delia's husband cooking barely being heard over our chatter. Delia currently had Shay trapped in front of her, her brush working Shay's hair into various directions. I laughed at Shay's bored expression, her lips pursed together so thy literally made a straight line across her face. Holly and Jason, on the other hand, were completely on edge. I still wanted to question Shay as to why our parents were acting so weirdly but I certainly couldn't ask her in front of Aunt Delia. 

               "I made appetiz-" Delia's husband walked into the living room and our eyes met. He dropped the tray, bits of food flying everywhere. "Alexxis?"