Chapter 10: He's a Shrink

Something's Up With the Grey Twins [Boy/Boy]: Chapter 10: He's a Shrink

Alexxis's POV

                I barely made it through the first ten minutes of first period before I began cursing my stupidity. Alex was still in the hospital, I wouldn't expect a doctor to release him so soon after the amount of substances found in his blood stream. Once my teacher allowed us to get started on our independent studies I snuck out, taking the minor hallways toward the back of the school. I jumped the fence and landed on the sidewalk with a soft thud. I was in luck that there were no patrol cars within the area so I was able to walk freely, Alex's face constantly flashing across my vision. His eyes were begging me to stay as I fought against our Social Worker and her henchmen but there wasn't much else I could... 

                I strode into the hospital's waiting room, everyone's eyes following me like I was an extra-terrestrial creature. "Hello sir, can I help you?" A bubbly receptionist asked as I approached the front desk. 

My eyes scanned the patient sheet in front of me, "Yeah, I'm here to visit my brother - Alex Grey." 

She began pecking at the keyboard and at that moment, I could've sworn I've seen a cat type faster. "I'm sorry Sir but he was transferred to a private facility this morning." I could literally feel my heart sinking. 

I began grabbing at my wrists anxiously, remembering how bloody Alex had made his in an attempt to get to me. "Can you tell me where he was transferred to?" 

"I'm sorry sir but because he is a minor, we can only release that information to a parent or guardian." 

"I'm his only fucken family!" I yelled, unable to control my own anger. They couldn't keep Alexxis from me - it would kill him. 

She suddenly stood, holding her hands out in front of her as if I was going to strike her, "Please sir, I'm just doing my job." Her eyes were wide in fright and I couldn't help but chuckle. Did she honestly think she was worth my time and effort? Not to mention a criminal record... 

Anger still clouding my vision, I ran out of the waiting room. "This is a load of shit!" I screamed and kicked the wall next to me. I didn't register the pain in my foot, I had no room to register it...all that existed in my mind at the moment was my brother and I. I had to find him even if it killed me, caused I know us being apart was killing him. 

"Alexxis?" I flinched at the voice, hating the way if sounded in anyone's mouth but Alex's. I slowly turned, Mr. Shandler standing right behind me. "What wrong son? Why aren't you at school?" 

I flinched at that word, it sounded too similar to that man that made me call him 'daddy.' I moved away when he reached out to lay his hand on my shoulder. "Why do you care?" 

"Why wouldn't I?" He looked me over, his eyes tracing my body and making me feel uncomfortable. When he realized I wasn't going to respond he sat down on a nearby bench and patted the spot next to him, "Come here Alexxis." I reluctantly sat down, my fingers once again scratching at my wrists. He noticed it, softly taking one of my hands and pulling it away from the irritation I was causing. "Something's obviously bothering you...I can help you if you want to talk about it." 

"I don't." I spoke curtly, not bothering to look at him. 

He cleared his throat in an effort to make this a little less awkward. "Well, why are you here and not at school?" 

"I couldn't stand to be there." I admitted, not really understanding why I even bothered to talk to him. 

"Why couldn't you stand to be there, did something happen?" 

I instantly jumped up, "Stop sounding like a damn shrink!" I yelled before I could stop myself. Not that I would've stopped myself in the first place. 

He stood and smiled, not at all bothered by my outburst. "Sorry Alexxis but it is my job." Great! My new foster father was a fucken shrink...the one occupation I hated. They were just people that really didn't care about their patient. You could lie to them over and over again and they'd believe you because they really couldn't care less about what you were truly feeling. So him talking to me in the first place wasn't to try and help me, it was so he could make himself feel better. 

"Don't fucken talk to me." I muttered, promptly walking away. I had no wanting to speak with him any further and nothing he would say could make me want to. 

                I walked around aimlessly, not really sure where I was going. I didn't want to go back to Holly's and I definitely wasn't going to go back to school. "Hey Alex!" My head shot up at my twin's name, a guy walking with a group of kids waving his hand. He was looking right at me and I knew he was mistaking me for my twin. "Alex!" He yelled louder and grabbed my shoulder as I passed him. I looked at him, wondering how Alex knew all these people...He wasn't the type that just went off and made new friends. Hell, he wouldn't even talk when I was around. "Daniel got some more stuff - come hang out with us." I hesitated, did I want to play along and figure out who these people were? "Come on, you had fun the other day." He smiled. 

Then it clicked...these were the people that Alex didn't know - the ones that put him in the hospital in the first place. My anger boiled to the surface again as my fingers knotted in his shirt. I threw him against the chain-link fence that we were currently walking next to. All his friends grabbed for me but I wouldn't let go of him. "What did you give Alex?! You know he's in a fucken hospital because of you!" I yelled. I threw a punch as his friends managed to pull me off him, the hit meeting with his jaw. 

All he did was laugh. "You must be Alexxis - he mumbled your name a few times..." I lunged for him again, the more he spoke the more I wanted to ring his neck. It was his fault that Alex was in the hospital in the first place and his fault that we were ultimately separated. He took a few steps back, his friends grabbing my arms and one even wrapping an arm around my waist to get a better hold. "Relax kid. We didn't mean to hurt him. He didn't even take enough to be considered dangerous." He shrugged with a hint of concern in his eyes. 

"What did you give him?!" I repeated. 

"An X tablet...Daniel, what was in the cig?" He looked back to a guy holding onto a backpack for dear life. 

"...Pot, Angel Dust and speed, it was Jorje's special mix." He smiled, his eyes cloudy as if he was high right now. 

I clenched my fists, not sure of whom I wanted to kill more at the moment. "You almost fucken killed him!" I yelled again, hating how vulnerable my voice sounded. I was the tough one...I was the one who was supposed to stay strong - at least for Alex. 

"Calm down guy...we didn't mean any harm to your brother. He was hunched next to southern building and looked like he could use a pick me up." The leader spoke calmly. I recognized him from various classes. He was a senior like Alex and I but he mainly sat in the back and was virtually invisible. 

I finally pulled free of all his friends and regained what I could of my composure. "I don't ever want you near Alex again. If I find out you were, I'll fucken kill you and I wouldn't even think twice about it." I threatened and continued down the street, not bothering to take a second glance.