xliii. budget cuts

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

CAPTAIN MAN AND HIS SIDEKICKS WALK INTO THE VICE MAYOR'S BUILDING AND AWAIT AS THE RECEPTIONIST LEADS THEM TO HIS OFFICE. "Okay, you guys can wait in here. The Vice Mayor will be in here shortly." The receptionist smiled.

"Sounds good."
"Cool."
"Shortly."

"Would you like some bottled water while you wait?" The woman asked. "Nah, thanks. Water's gross." Kid Danger said and Girl Danger furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Yeah, I'll have some bottled water." Captain Man stepped up in front of the woman as Henry and Kim looked around the Vice Mayor's office. "Sure, would you like it cold or room temperature?"
"Why don't you surprise me?"
"Okay, I'll be right back."
"Yes, and I'll remain here."
The woman walked out of the office.

"Hey," Henry spoke and both Ray and Kim look towards him as he points to a golden eagle statue on the Vice Mayor's desk. "Eh, that's just a paperweight." Ray told.

"Mmm, are you sure?"

"Hey, I don't think we're supposed to go around and touch the Vice Mayor's stuff. After all, he is the Vice Mayor." Kim stated.

"Yeah, I don't care." Henry told and he lifted the paperweight and the papers under it started flying all over the place.

Kim chuckled as both Ray and Henry started freaking out and the Vice Mayor had walked it right on time. "Oh, hello there, Captain Man, Girl Danger and Kid Dang—" He took notice of the papers on the floor and his desk.

"Uh, your paperweight, uh..."
"Your paperweight failed."
"Miserably."

"Anyway," The vice Mayor continued. "Have a seat, fellas and lady. We need to have a little chit-chat."

Captain Man, Kid Danger and Girl had taken the three seats in front of them. Henry sitting in the middle as Kim sat in the far right and Ray on the left.

The Vice Mayor stood in front of them at his desk. "Now, I have called you here because—"

"Excuse me, Vice Mayor Willard," The receptionist walked back in the room. "Ah, of course."
"Captain Man, your bottled water." She said, walking towards Ray. "Ah, yes, thank you."

He opened the bottle up and gruntled a scream as he began to drink and he instantly spit it out and onto Henry. Kim stifled laughter at this.
"Cheese and crackers, this water is boiling hot!"

"You said to surprise you with a temperature so I put the bottle in the microwave." She said.

"This is Cassie, my niece," Vice Mayor Willard introduces. "They took away my scissors!" The woman said with a smile still lingering on her face as she held back her anger.
"That'll be all, Cassie." The Vice Mayor said and Cassie walked out of the room.