xxxiii. kimberly's big family reunion

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

HENRY, CHARLOTTE AND JASPER HAD GONE DOWN INTO THE MAN CAVE WITH A VERY-ANGRY KIM. She kept muttering to herself how it wasn't fair and how she didn't deserve this. She had been this grumpy all morning.

Ray and Schwoz had turned their attention to the elevator and Ray greeted the first person that walked in and that was Kim. "Hey, Kim."

"I'm in a bad mood." She stated and threw her bag on the ground and jumped on the couch and groaned into the fabric.

Ray tossed his thumb over to the girl and looked over at her friends. "What's her beef?" Charlotte shrugs. "I don't know." She says. "She's been like this all day." Henry informs.

The four walk over to her. "Hey, Kim. What's up?" Henry decides to ask. "Yeah, why have you been itchin' and moaning all day?" Jasper questions.

Kim lifts her head up and groans, "My mom's making me go to a stupid family reunion in New York during spring break and I have to go by myself because my mom's working overtime and my brother caught the chicken pox. Now, I'm gonna be stuck at a hotel and forced to go to my Grandma Chantel's house, and she hates me, mind you — and my dad gonna be working over at the tire shop to avoid the ding-dang Lloyd family." She explains.

"Well, if you don't wanna go, just catch the chicken pox from your brother. Problem solved." Ray shrugged. "Yeah, just catch the pox of chicken." Schwoz nods along.
"I would do that, but I had the chicken pox when I was three, I can't get them again." Kim told.

"How come you're having a family reunion during spring break?" Charlotte asks. "Because it's the only time anyone's free. My Uncle Paulie, My Aunt Tamora, my crazy and demented cousins. My mom doesn't wanna go because she knows my grandma hates her."

"I'm sure your grandma doesn't hate your mom." Jasper said.

Kim looks up at Jasper and stands. "She cheered when she found out my parents were getting divorced."

"Oh."

"Yeah," Kim sighs. "Now, I have to go. Everyone's expecting me to be there. My dad is, too. And I can't leave him hanging. So, I'm stuck." She had seated herself by the monitors now. "Maybe it won't be so bad. I mean, my favorite cousin's gonna be there. But... I still don't wanna go."

Henry looks over at the group and then back at Kim and knows that he has to do something. "Well, are you able to have someone come with you?" He asks. "Uh, yeah, if that someone has a passport." Kim told. "Well, I do. And I can go with you so you don't have to be alone if you want me to." Henry volunteered and Kim's eyes widen.
"You'll come?" She asks as she stands.