xli. back to the danger

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

IT HAD BEEN A COUPLE OF WEEKS SINCE HENRY AND KIM HAD VISITED NEW YORK. The two had just decided to forget to mention what occurred that night and acted like it never happened. As long as someone didn't mention it, they were good. Kim never forgot, though.

Speaking of Kim, she and Schwoz were getting ready to watch a movie as Henry was getting batteries for Ray's vibrating soap. He had come back through the tubes when Schwoz came running in with popcorn and shoving Henry out of the way and yelling about how the movie was about to start.

"Hurry up, Schwoz! I'm turning it on!" Kim announced. Henry and Ray had been arguing about what type of batteries that Henry got for him and Henry gave up, plopping down on the couch next to Kim.

"Look! Dog Judge!" Charlotte announced and Schwoz clapped and the gang began to watch and Ray had propped himself in between Henry and Kim, causing the two to gruntle in discomfort.

This show had been one of the gang's favorite shows that they liked to watch together.
They had been watching it when all of a sudden, breaking news had come on.

"Oh, come on!" Kim yelled, throwing popcorn at the screen.

"Hey, I'm Trent Overunder and Mary is out sick today."
"Uh, I'm right here—"
"Breaking news, the Swellview clock tower is ten seconds fast. Since it's impossible to adjust the clock, Vice Mayor Willer has decided to shut down the power in Swellview for exactly ten seconds and then turn it back on."
"Wow, tick tock about a great idea."

"They're shutting down the power to this whole city?" Charlotte questioned. "We live in this city!" Henry announced. "Yeah, no chiz." Kim commented.

"Now, we want to give you plenty of warning before the power goes out but—"

The power had suddenly shut off and the group was left in the darkness.

"Ow! What's touching my neck?" Kim heard Henry and then Schwoz's giggles following behind. "Schwoz!"

The power suddenly turned back on and the alarm system going on right after. "Oh, my god!" Ray shouted. "What?" Charlotte asked.

"When the electricity went out, Drex's containment unit lost power!"

"You mean he's—"
"Drex is free?!"
"Dude, you sent Jasper down there to get batteries for your dumb vibrating soap!"

"Well, I had to because you got the wrong batteries!" Ray yelled. "Why would anyone want their soap to vibrate?!" Henry questioned.
"It tells my body dirt that I mean bidness!"