xxxiv. trouble and 'told-you-so's

( < ミ

( < ミ . ♡ > )

KIM WAS NOT READY FOR TODAY, TO SAY THE LEAST. She would have to see her family and as much as she loved them, they were crazy. And you thought Kim was psycho? Add a few more a couple of Kims to Kim and that was the Lloyd family.

It didn't take so much convincing for Kim to tell her family about Piper and no one questioned anything, even though they were a little suspicious.

Kim looked around for her dad around the house when her grandmother had assured her that he had just been working since four in the morning and that he would be coming by later for the reunion.

The family and Kim and her friends had walked across the street to Central Park. Kim had showed everyone the sights in their view and they had finally arrived at the park. "And this is the famous Central Park. It's pretty cool to walk around here and it's also the place where my parents officially got together."

Kim reminisced about the story her father had told her and young Kim had seemed to believe in love and somehow, when her parents got divorced, she just stopped believing in love. And she thought she had found it with Brandon, but it was obvious that that didn't last. Maybe love wasn't in the books for Kim.

"Oh, my God! Isn't that Little Kimmy?!" Kim turned around from her friends and had spotted her very loud and very crazy, Aunt Tamora. But she was the good kind of crazy, like Kim. She always wore heels and dressed as if she were in her 20s again (she was 40) but Kim aspired to be like her aunt even though she could be a bit much sometimes.

Kim put a smile on her face. "Hi, Auntie Tamora!" Her aunt rushed over to the girl and tackled her in a hug. "Oh, sweetheart! I didn't think we'd be seeing you here any time soon!"

"Why, hello." Ray pushes past Jasper and runs a hand over his hair. He makes his way over to Kim and her aunt. "The name's Manchester. Ray Manchester." He grabs her hand and kisses it and it makes Kim want to barf. Kim's aunt giggles at Ray's charmed mannerisms and Kim steps in between Ray and her aunt. "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to stand back."

"Kim, can't you see we're having a moment?" Ray tries to shoo her off. "This is my aunt, Ray!" Kim scolds. "Sweet, that'd make me your uncle." Ray says and Kim rolls her eyes.

"No, Ray, you don't understand. I wouldn't do—"

"Hey!" Kim turned and everyone was shocked by the yell. "Oh, no." Kim muttered and looked at the sky. A larger and taller man had began to approach the group and Tamora. "What you doin' touching my wifey's?!" Ray stepped back. "Oh," He let go of Tamora's hand. "I didn't... I didn't-I didn't know, I... uh, I'm just gonna hide behind Kim." Ray said and the man's glare followed behind Ray.