💢Chapter 36💢

Chapter 36

Unedited

Dozie along with another male night duty nurse pulled Chief from the ambulance into the hospital with a stretcher. "Brother mi!" Tiwa cried, and a nurse urged the family to stay behind at the lobby while the staff handle the whole thing.  Ruby turned her gaze at her and wondered why she was crying so much!

Didn't she poison his food weeks ago?

Her cry being the loudest was beginning to annoy. She felt like sticking a sock in her mouth.

Tiwa looked at her then she wiped her tears off with an handkerchief.

Funsho and Gbade followed they intended on going into the emergency room with Thomas and Dr. Ayeni.

"Hurry Hurry!!" Thomas yelled at those pushing the stretcher. We can't afford to lose Chief yet! He said within. Dr Ayeni gave him a look as they approached the emergency room and he instantly understood they had to get rid of the two sons.

"Funsho and Gbade I might have to ask the two of you to wait behind" Dr. Ayeni suggested, Funsho and Gbade scoffed at the same time , "Why?" They both asked, "Funsho, you know why. The emergency room is for doctors and nurses only, you know the rules"

Dozie and Thomas  pushed him in.

"There are exception Sir"

"Not in this case"

"Great" Funsho rolled his eyes. "What about me? I'm still very much a doctor" Gbade asked, "The last time I checked, you were relieved of your job"

"This is just perfect Sir, who gave you the right to make such decision? It's our father we're talking about!" Gbade raised his voice, "You will not raise your voice at me boy!" He snapped, "I know we're all affected by this. I am affected by this, my best friend is in that room and there's no time for us to argue. Rules are rules and you two should know more than adhering to it!"  He added entering into the room and Gbade ran his hands through his low cut then he leaned his head against the wall.

Funsho exhaled placing a hand over his shoulder, "Dad will be fine Gbade"  "Why didn't we realized Dad wasn't fine sooner?"

They both returned to the waiting room.  Mr and Mrs Igwe already gathered some section of the family, Mrs Bimbo, Chioma, Dunni, Tise, even Tiwa along with Dara, Brenda and Ruby   for prayers only Yewande was found sitting alone.

Dara was highly disturbed by Tiwa's loud amen, being aware of the fact she tried poisoning her own brother weeks ago!

If God can be merciless and strike her down for being pretensious!

Boma walked up to Gbade afterwards.  "Hey" she mumbled softly, "Can you believe they didn't allow us enter into emergency room?" "Why?" "Cause I'm not currently a doctor. How does that makes sense? I should be in there with him" his voice broke and she hugged him.

"He'll be fine" 

Yewande couldn't help herself from batting her eyes at the both them; she has been too weak to speak or even talk. Else, she wouldn't have even allowed her hug him!

Dara slowly walked up to Funsho, her eyes were blood shot.  She has been crying since Chief fell, she has never been so scared in her life! She even cried while she prayed.

"I'm scared" He confessed and a small smile escaped her lips, she could see it in his eyes. "I'm scared too but we have to have a convinction that God has taken control already" she stretched her hands out and Funsho held on to it.