💢Chapter 14💢

Chapter 14

Duncan's home

Tise and Boma, watched Dara put on a gold colored, knee-length gown a designer had brought for her to wear for the tea party. It was the fifth cloth she was trying out.
Boma zipped up the gown while a smile curved on Tise's face. "You look fine" she commented and she walked towards the mirror in the room admiring herself.

"Awwn, this one is nice" "Mom said I should let you know  it's  yours and you shouldn't bother returning it"

"All?" Dara turned towards her in surprise, "Plus the one that didn't size you, you can give it to someone else or have it slim fitted. It's all yours"

"My hips does not fit in some of them"

"You'll have the hips someday"

Dara laughed in disbelief, "Don't make me laugh" she covered her face and Tise laughed at her faithlessness.  " I wonder where i was when God was distributing hips" She added and, this provoked a hearty laughter from Tise and Boma.

"The gown looks nice, I hope I won't be over dressed or something."  She continued and Boma scoffed, "Trust me when I say this, even if it the party was  impromptu, rich people will still wear crazy expensive shit to this party" Boma answered taking a seat then she picked up a price tag looking at it.

"What?" She asked on seeing the price on it. "The gown cost this much?" She asked and Dara rushed to check it. "It's close to minimum wage oh" she commented and they both chuckled.

"Dara, these guys are wearing minimum wage. This gown that I have on is just 7 k but I priced it 5,500 the shop owner was angry after she sold it but I cared less. Rich people can spend money oh" she commented admiring the long blue gown Tise wore with a side strip that exposed her laps.

She didn't even want to know how much her gown costs.

"Now I feel like I'm underdressed" she complained and Tise rolled her eyes.
"I'll leave you two" she said walking away and Dara smiled. "You've just managed to chase her away with poverty talk"

"I'm serious Dara, this is minimum wage oh!"  She continued and Dara laughed letting out a sigh,  "Rich people can spend money,  especially when it's blood money. They've already given you your sacrificial clothes. They're definitely going to take you to a room, pour their anointing oil on you and turn you into money"

"God fobid! Stop scaring me Boma" Dara expressed in fear.

Eugene walked in frowning. "Chief is waiting in his study room for you"

"Study room?" Dara and Boma asked at the same time.

"Yes" she answered giving them the, 'wasn't the what I just said look'.

"Why are you frowning now?" Boma asked, "Abeg nobody sent you to work here, stop carrying face for somebody oh" she added and the maid walked out of the room.

"Why would Chief want to see me in a study room"

"Also known as the ritual room, AKA the shrine. Don't worry, I'm solidly behind you. My exposé will be certified today. Let's go"

"Okay" Dara sighed, "The useless maid has gone, how will you know the ritual room now?"

Eugene walked back in, "One, I'm not stupid, two I was outside, three, it's called a study room not a ritual room."  "Didn't your parents teach you that it's bad to eavesdrop on grown up's discussion?"

She scoffed, "Grown up? Me, I'm an old lady now."  "There's no point making a scene in someone's house, forget it" Dara whispered and Boma rolled her eyes.