💢Chapter 15💢

Chapter 15

Boma scampered through the wide halls of the Duncan's home then she found a door slightly opened so she walked Into the room. There where different pictures of the entire family on the wall. 

The room was pretty much wide and vacant except for chairs and side stool. There was a chair in the middle of the room which made it look like a palace.

Maybe it was a meeting room, the setting definitely did look like a palace or a board meeting room.

Suddenly she heard the door shut so she turned back to see Gbade glaring at her with his hands plunged into his pocket. "I knew you were too inquisitive to leave" he began and Boma's eyes stayed fixed on those hands.

Was he dipping his hands to bring out a weapon? Was if it was another false alarm like in the elevator the other day? She asked herself. "Breaking and entering is a crime punishable by the law"

  "The door was opened, so I let my self in; that's not breaking and entering, it's called not wasting an opportunity"

He hissed afterwards, he didn't prepare himself for any sort of argument. Quite frankly, he wasn't ready for it, he had already gone through one with her after he found her eavesdropping.

"Not another argument!" He muttered to himself pulling out his hands from his pocket and her heart raced in fear. He brought out his phone and she let out a sigh of relief.

False alarm! She said within, then she rolled her eyes. "You'll give someone a heart attack with that pulling something out of your pocket move!" She snapped and he scoffed.

"You think I'll kill you?" He asked then he laughed, "Does this place look like somewhere I'll kill you?" He asked swiping his phone to contact so he could call security.

  "What were you expecting to find Boma? Some sort of shrine or some evidence that'll prove we're ritualists?" He asked and she began to wonder how he knew her name.

"Surprised?" He asked

"You think I don't know who you are?" He asked, "Boma Davis" he called out to Boma's shock. "How did you come to find out who I am?"

"Why wouldn't I know the same person whose goal is to paint our family name black?" He asked and she scoffed. "Paint what? There's already black paint underneath it, I'm just trying to scrape the outer white layer off."

"Outer white layer, how does that make sense?"

"Is it your making sense?" She asked hissing loudly, "It's simple as ABC, in case you don't understand, I'm trying to remove the whole facade, the pretense, the juju you guys use in making everyone blind to your evil rituals"

"Again with the ritual talk"

"You think I don't know"

"That we offer sacrifices to our gods, that we drink water using human skull because cups has gone extinct and we bathe with human blood because water no longer comes out of the tap or the fact that we brush our teeth using human blood, because it's the blood of Jesus, makes our teeth white as snow" he moved closer to her and she almost laughed at the humour in his last statement but she managed to keep a straight face through it all.

"So you guys know the blood of Jesus"

"We came to the church right?"

"To fool people. Your ways are not pure"

"Should I give you a tour around the house? We can search for that shrine" "Yes, cause I'll be stupid to go on that tour with you. What will happen when I find this shrine? Won't my head roll  after seeing it. Do you think I'm stupid?"