6 - Wake Up Call

By the time I woke my head was spinning and I didn’t bother trying to open my eyes. I felt like a train wreck and more than likely looked the same. Everything about me ached. My head pounded. It felt like termites had mistaken my head for wood. Stupid! My mind scolded me as I sat up to fast and a wave of pain tore at my head. My hands darted up and gripped either side as I evened out my pained breathing and tried to calm down. For a long while I sat like that, my head pulsing in pain as I gripped it.

It wasn’t until I noticed how cold my chest was becoming until I opened my eyes. I stared down at my breasts. For a moment I was frozen, unable to look away. Completely bare and covered in red marks, they heaved up and down as I breathed. My hands lowered from my head and I gingerly touched one of the largest marks on the lower side of my right breast and was surprised to find that it didn’t hurt. These aren’t bruises. They are hickeys. I realized as I stared at them for a long while. 

Gentle breathing from beside me finally caught my attention and I turned my head slowly to look down at the peaceful body next to mine. It was Brendon. He lay on his side facing me and for the first time I realized his arm was slung over my waist. I turned my eyes away from him laying there and my eyes scanned the room, squinting as I tried to will the pulsing headache away. Our clothes were everywhere. I didn’t have to ask myself if we had had sex. I could feel it. My thighs actually ached, which was a new thing for me.

I closed my eyes and let a slow breath out. Oh god. I thought numbly. Oh god I had sex with Brendon. My hand ran through my hair as I tried to even out my breathing. A surprised yelp escaped my lips as I was pushed down onto my back. Brendon rolled on top of me and my eyes met his brilliant golden ones for but a second before he lowered his mouth to mine and kissed me deeply.

His tongue danced deep in my mouth and even though my hands hand worked between us and was pushing his chest off of mine I kissed him back. I couldn’t stop myself. The warm feeling in my chest was heating back up. “Brendon…” I finally managed to get out after he pulled his mouth from mine and his hot breaths washed over my cheeks.

He smiled down at me. I tried to sit up but winced instantly, shutting my eyes tightly as my head rang out in pain. “Do you want some Advil?” he asked in a soft voice. I couldn’t do anything but nod I was so stunned. Brendon got off of me, slipping into his boxers that lay at the end of the bed and walking out of the door, glancing at me over his shoulder. I blushed pulling the sheet back up to cover my breasts.

“I can’t believe myself.” I couldn’t help but say the words out loud as I looked around the room. We were in Jakeson’s room, I remembered that clearly. And I remembered suddenly what had gotten me here.

Kale. His name bounced around in my head and I frowned. My head throbbed and I groaned grasping it tightly. I felt nauseous again but it passed. The killer migraine however did not. I attempted to massage my temples as I slammed my eyes closed. Note to self, no drinking! I thought madly as a tremor raked through my mind roughly causing my eyesight to flash.

The door opened back up and Brendon came back in, a glass of water in his hand. “Here.” He said gently handing it towards me. I mumbled a tiny thank you as I sat up, pulling the sheets up around my breast to cover them as I did, and gratefully accepted the glass. I closed my eyes as I swallowed the pill and he took the glass from me. When I opened my eyes again it was to see him handing me a bottle of PowerAde.