11- A Slew of Plans

--Special thanks to karmah5 for her amazing editing skills--

For votes I will not threaten, for comments I do not beg. But if you don't leave your opinions, I may just break your leg. 

~-~-~-~

Leaning up against my locker with my eyes closed I sighed. I made it through another day. Though I had chickened out of talking to Kale yet again things had gone relatively well. Now all I needed to do was find a ride home.

“Are you all right?”

I opened my eyes and looked to Jakeson as he approached, a concerned look on his rugged face. “I’m fine, just thinking,” I responded, pushing off of the locker as he stooped to open it. It seemed like everyone I knew had my locker combination. Not that it really mattered. All I had in my locker was a few books and rolls of film. Nothing that would interest my friends in the slightest.

I’d been so busy playing with the hem of my school skirt I hadn’t realized that he’d paused with the locker, looking at me. “Thinking about what?” he asked as I turned my eyes towards him, looking away in surprise as I realized he’d been staring at me.

“I have to stay after for photography,” I answered instead. I didn’t feel the need to tell him who I’d been thinking about.

He already knew who. So he accepted the change of conversation for now, pausing as he made a little note to talk about it later no doubt. “I can swing back here and pick you up when you finish?”

“Well-“

“Hey bug-a-boo,” Brendon’s voice cooed from beside me and I glanced over as he joined us, a smile on his face.

Immediately I looked away, trying not to blush. I hadn’t yet talked to him about what happened between us. I hadn’t talked about anything that had happened at that party come to think of it. Not to Skylar about the whole grinding with him thing. Not to Brendon about having sex with him. Not to Spencer about sticking up for me. And most definitely not to Kale. Though I had tried. In a way. I’d called. That was good enough right? He should have to make a move too. It wasn’t a one sided relationship after all. He’s part of it too. Or was.

“Is that a yes?”

“Is what a yes?” Brendon asked, perching his elbow on my shoulder as he held his head up.

I locked my eyes on Jakeson’s, staying silent. “Me coming to pick her up when she’s done with photography,” he answered.

“Well I am staying late for a test. I’d have no problem bringing you home,” Brendon offered, causing me to look up at his smiling face. “Unless you really wanted Jakeson to. Say if you had to talk about something?”

Catching on to the hint I paused for a second. Did I want to talk to Brendon about it? What was there to say? Hi, I got dumped in front of tons of people by the guy I loved, got drunk for the first time ever and then proceeded to sleep with you. Yeah, I didn’t picture that being a very comfortable conversation.