13: Spoiled Brats

Matthew’s arms wrapped around me from behind as his chest rested against the back of my head. “Ohhhh Reinnnnn,” his voice trailed out softly, his chin moving against my head of hair as he rested it on top of me.

I laughed, aware of Jakeson’s disapproving eyes as his brother clung to me, stooping over the back of the couch just to get to me. “Yes Matthew?” I asked, my voice just as sing songy as his own.

“I have a present for you,” he informed me, his voice lowering, “a secret present that I can’t show you in here.”

“Matthew-“ Jakeson started to scold him, his voice tense and his eyes narrowing a little as he did. I decided it was better to get back at him for inviting all of the guys over than to keep him calm. After all, I’d clearly told him that I had a friend coming for dinner tonight. What could have possibly possessed him to get the entire gang here, minus Spencer for some odd reason, was beside me.

But I didn’t care his reason why. I just wanted to be a jerk about it. . . something Matthew was counting on. He was, after all, starting to become something like a best friend to me. It was hard to live in a house with someone as lively and playful as him and not join in. Not to mention he was absolutely adorable- something I reminded him of as I’d pinch at his cheeks and he’d start to glower at me.

“I love presents!” I responded enthusiastically with a nod, letting my lightpink bangs brush across my eyes. “Especially secret ones.”

“I was hoping you’d say that,” he responded with just a dash of evil intentions to his voice. Before I could protest his strong arms were pulling me up and backwards off of the couch.

Brendon looked amused as I struggled to stay upright, clinging to the couch as Matthew hauled me over the back and I nearly tumbled to my feet. “You break it you buy it,” Brendon warned with wagging finger.

“And I’m the current owner,” Jakeson piped up, “so believe me, the price is too high for you to afford.”

“I’ll just borrow the money from you,” Matthew shot back with a grin, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder as he stooped down a bit.

Jakeson gave him a warning look. “I wouldn’t trust you with her for even a second.”

“If we team up I’m sure we can afford her,” Frankie spoke up with a bashful smile as he made eye contact with me. “But we have to take turns.”

“I get her on the even days and you the odds?” Matthew offered.

Before Frankie could respond I decided it was my turn to jump in before this got out of hand. “Hey! I’m not mfgmmmlmlflgmmmmgfglm!” The rest of my rebuttal was cut off by Matthew’s hand clamping over my mouth to silence me.

“Women are to be seen not heard,” he scolded me. I stuck out my tongue, slobbering all over his hands as I tried to work it between his fingers. Unfortunately it caused him to laugh instead of pull away in disgust like I’d hoped he would. “If you want something to lick-