10- To Put Together a Puzzle You First Need Pieces

--Special thanks to karmah5 for her amazing editing skills--

[[ To My Pretties~ I apologize greatly for the lateness of this chapter! I have been super busy and totally slacked. I have to say.... my editor was AMAZING and got this edited SUPER fast after I sent it to her just for you guys! You should thank her for being amazing. I know I do. And am now. Again. :)) I'll have the next one up in four days if things go like I hope they will. Thank you for sticking around! ~ Jade ]]

For votes I will not threaten, for comments I do not beg. But if you don't leave your opinions, I may just break your leg. 

~-~-~-~

“Matthew is glad you’re staying with us.”

I turned to look at Jakeson, wondering where the comment had come from. “That’s good?” I answered hesitantly. I knew that Matthew liked me at least a little bit. Was Jakeson going to blame it on me? Kale would. I turned my eyes out the window and gritted my teeth. It seemed like I pulled everything back to that idiot.

Jakeson noticed my face tense up because he smiled at me until I looked back over at him. “He likes you being around,” he started to say before adding, “and I do too.” His perfectly blue eyes met mine. “It’s nice having you in the house. It feels natural.”

“I like it too,” I agreed automatically with a little smile. And I did. I felt free there. Like no matter what I did I would end up all right.

“You can stay as long as you want you know.” He assured me.

I gave a small nod, my blonde hair falling around my shoulders. It was such a relief having someplace safe I could stay. I knew there’d be no fighting. There’d be no drama. I could just live without constantly wondering if I’d run into him. Kale.

“The bedroom is all yours,” he continued after a few minutes of silence. “Lake’s not coming back so no one else will need it. We can get new furniture if you’d like,” he turned to me sounding excited, “we can even do a new paint job if you’d like. I could bring home some swat-“

“No,” I interrupted cutting off his enthusiastic talking. “I like the room how it is. We don’t need to change it.” Staying at Jakeson’s isn’t completely safe. I had to remind myself. He has feelings for me and I know it. I have to be careful not to use him again.

He eyed me but I didn’t turn to look at him. I could hear his brain ticking away. “Well, you can have people over you know? It’s your house too now,” he started and I opened my mouth to disagree but he cut me off with, “it’s your home as long as you want it to be. No longer than that.”

A sigh escaped my lips and I nodded again. He was being his usual thoughtful self. All he wanted to do was make me happy. For a few seconds his eyes lingered on me as he pulled up to the school. I could tell he was waiting for something. “I really appreciate it Jakeson,” I finally said for lack of anything else.

Jakeson grinned, his teeth straight and perfect as he flashed them to me. “Don’t forget about Megan’s party.”