Chapter 21: The Worth of a Fairy

Hello!!! Thank you again sooo much for reading my story and commenting!!! It literally means the world to me!!! Anyways, hope you like this chapter!!! ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________

   "ERZA SCARLET!"

   "Eh?" she looked up, "What now?"

   Mira-Jane pushed her forward, "You're up! Good luck!"

   'Right...' she thought, 'I almost forgot...'

_____________________________________________________________________________

    "You're doing that weird thing again."

   "What weird thing?!" Jellal nearly jumped out of his skin as she laughed.

   "You know, when you space out you have this... glazed look on your face."

   "Oh..." he blushed again, before hastily changing the subject, "I hear there's going to be an auction to raise money!"

   "Yeah..." she blushed, turning away from him and back to the road.

  Shaking his head, he added, "Maybe I'll come!"

   "Really?" her head whipped around to face him.

   "Yeah, I mean, I'd probably have to come as Mystogan, but-"

   "Don't come," Erza said flatly.

_____________________________________________________________________________

   Her heart dropped down into her stomach. As much as she wished he would come, there was no way that could happen. She couldn't afford to lose him to the council again. Not when they just started being friends.

   Forcing on a smile, she climbed on stage, smirking at the crowd ogling up at her.

   Before anyone could react to anything, the most famously annoying Sorcerer Weekly reported jumped up in front of her.

   "Erza Scarlet!" he squealed while bouncing on the balls of his feet, "COOOOLLLL!"

   "If you have something to say, get it over with," she answered coldly.

   Leaping at his chance, he began his list of questions, "What's your favorite food?"

   "Strawberry cake."

   "COOOOLLL! What's your favorite fruit?"

   "Strawberries."

   "COOOLLLL! How many different requips do you have?"

   "Over a hundred."

   "COOOLLLL! What's your favorite color?"

   "Blue."

   "COOOLLLL! Who would you tend to fall in love with more, someone you just met or someone you've known all your life?"

   "Someone I've known my whole life."

   "COOOOLLL! Who's the man you like?"

   "Jella-" she stopped abruptly, then shouted and transformed into her Heaven's Wheel armor, "YOU BASTARD!"

   "SO COOOOLLLLL!" Jason disappeared off the stage.

   Calming down, she quickly transformed back into her gown while just about all the men in the guild hall had hearts in their eyes.