Chapter 19: Bookworm is Sold

I'm soooooooo sorry for not being able to update in five days!!! I have finals this week and I'm hoping I don't fail them. Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter!!! ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________

   Gajeel didn't know what to think. First Lisanna, then Canna... what next? "Tch," he scoffed, "What has the guild resorted to these days..."

   The Fairy Tail men were all seated in the corner closest to the stage. Several tables had been set up for them, but a lot of them continued to be vacant as certain members lounged at the bar or mingled with other guild members. At the table Gajeel was seated at, Natsu, Gray, Elfman, Laxus, Freed, and Romeo were seated there as well.

   "This is boring," Natsu whined, then turned to Happy who happened to be sitting on the table with Lily, "Hey, Happy!"

   "What is it, Natsu?" Happy asked with a fish stuffed in his mouth.

   "Let's go find Lucy and go on a job!"

   Everyone at the table sweat-dropped.

   "Seriously?" Gajeel's brows rose, "How dense are you?"

   "Your brain really is fried," Gray leaned back in his underwear.

   "My brain isn't fried!" Natsu leaped to his feet indignantly.

   "You've forgotten already?" Laxus sighed, "She's in the auction, remember?"

   "Oh... right..." Natsu sat back down. It's not that he'd actually forgotten about the auction or that Lucy was in it, he just didn't want to witness her being fawned over by a whole bunch of perverts from other guilds. If pretending to be more dense than he actually was could make him get away with it, then so be it.

   "Hm," Gray yawned, "I wonder who's next-"

   "NEXT UP IS," Makarov's shout through the speakers broke him off in mid-sentence.

   All the guys at the table sat bolt upright.

   "ISSSS," Makarov droned on, "LEVY MCGARDEN!"

   "Yeah! Go Levy!" Jet and Droy shouted, jumping up and down as the blue haired mage stepped nervously on stage.

   "Are you f***ing kidding me?" Gajeel cursed and rose to his feet.

   Freed clicked his tongue in disapproval, "No cursing."

   "That's a real MAN!" Elfman beat his chest.

   "What goes on in your heads," Gajeel smirked, then began moving towards the stage.

_____________________________________________________________________________

   She stepped hesitantly out on stage, blushing furiously.

   "Yeah! GO LEVY!" she heard Jet and Droy chanting in the crowd.

   Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a certain Iron Dragon Slayer rise to his feet.

   She lifted her chin up and hurried farther out on stage while attempting not to trip and blush.

   "So, Levy," Jason, the dreaded reporter, nearly pounced on her, "How are you feeling today?"

  "Oh... um... I... uh..." she squeaked, "O-okay, I guess?"

   "COOOOOLLL!" he hollered, then got back down to business, "Now, this is from the fans-"

   "I-I have fans?" her eyes widened.

   "It's so COOOLLL!" he squealed again, "They're wondering who your crush is! Girl? Boy? So who is it?"