Chapter 15: Auction Eve

Thank you sooo much  for reading my fanfic!!! It means the world to me!!! I'm planning for the next chapter to be the beginning of the auction so get ready!!! Anyways, I'm going to quit talking... or rather writing... haha now to the story!!! Hope you enjoy!!! :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

   Mira's eyes narrowed in suspicion. Ever since the job board had been replenished with job requests, all the guys of the guild had left in a hurry with all of them. Of course, that was to be expected, but she didn't think Laxus would actual take part in any of those jobs. Usually he only accepted S Class requests... weird...

   "Hey, Mira!" Lucy dropped into a seat in front of her.

   "Hey, Lucy!" Mira smiled, breaking her train of thought.

   "Can I get a strawberry milkshake?"

   "Sure!" Mira turned to make Lucy's request.

   "I'm so excited for tomorrow," Lucy sighed, "I wonder who's going to end up winning me..."

   Mira attempted to hold back a smile, "Oh, I don't know. I bet he'll be an extremely hot wizard!"

   Lucy blushed, "I don't know about that... I kind of wish Natsu would..."

   Mira whirled around and slammed Lucy's drink on the counter, "What? What were you going to say? Something about Natsu? Hm?"

   Lucy blushed, "U-uh... No... I just wish he would... um... Use the door more often and not my window," she laughed nervously.

   Mira's eyes narrowed in suspicion as she pushed the drink slowly over to her.

   Feeling the tension, Lucy changed the subject. "What's wrong with Juvia?" she nodded over to where the water mage sat.

   Mira looked over at Juvia. The blue haired mage sat moping around, staring at the door. Mira smiled, "Oh, Gray just promised to take her on a job after the auction's over, and now all the requests are taken. I think she was planning on going on a job with him right after everything is finished..."

   Lucy smiled, "I hope they get together soon!"

   Mira stopped in her place, "You ship it too?"

   Lucy nodded, "They're so adorable together!"

   Mira squealed, "Another partner in crime!"

   Lucy sweat-dropped, "What?"

   Mira turned away, smiling mischievously, "Oh nothing..."

   "Oh, hey! I just remembered..." Lucy drew out a folded job request from her pocket, "I was saving this for me and Natsu, but..." she got up and walked over to Juvia.

   "What does lo-Lucy want?" Juvia mumbled through her arms.

   Lucy waved the job request in front of her, "I happened to have this lying around and I heard you and Gray were going to go on a job together sooo..."

   Juvia sat bolt upright and snatched the request out of Lucy's hand, "Really?" Juvia held it to her chest, grinning, "Thank you, Lucy! Juvia is so happy!"

   Lucy laughed and returned back to where Mira was standing.

   Mira giggled, "She looks like she's about to faint!"

   "Um..." Lucy turned back to look at her, "I think she already did..."

   Mira turned away, clapping her hand over her mouth to stifle a laugh.