Chapter 28: The Battle Begins

Hey again!!! Hope you all enjoy this next chapter!!! ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________

   A familiar building loomed over them as if a god casting its shadow on earth. Yet, it wasn't the size of the building that struck worry into their hearts, but very fact that they had seen it before. They had witnessed that very building, hovering over their old guild hall as it was reduced to rubble.

   "No..." Gajeel whispered, "It can't be..."

   Juvia's eyes widened in horror, "Ph-Phantom Lord."

   "B-but..." Lucy stammered, "I-I thought it was disbanded!"

   "It was," Erza nodded grimly, "And still is... but..."

   "Not too long ago, a dark guild took over Phantom Lord's old hall," Jellal finished, "I was supposed to disband the guild and take down the master, but I guess it's too late."

   "So... the dark guild that took the guild hall over was... Death Note?" Levy's eyes narrowed as she stole a quick glance at Gajeel.

   Jellal nodded.

   The rain poured down even harder, streaming down the water logged pavement. The dark sky remained hidden in the shadows of rain clouds, and the only lights seen were those from the street lamps. A bitter cold wind swept across the gathered guild members who stood gazing up at what used to be Phantom Lord's guild hall.

   "Juvia... never wanted to go back..." Juvia whispered, unable to tear her eyes away from the scene.

   Gajeel just stood silently, glaring up at his past.

   Suddenly, a bright light shone appeared... around Lucy and Natsu. Searing pain shot up and through their bodies, burning from the inside out. It only took second, a second to realize what was happening, a second too late.

   "What-" the two of them disappeared in a flash.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

   The whole guild was in shock.

   "No..." Juvia's shoulders shook, "Not again... NOOO!" she shrieked.

   "GIVE THEM BACK!" Erza shouted.

   "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Mira's blazed in fury.

   "I SAID GIVE THEM BACK, DAMMIT!" Erza dropped to her knees, tears streaming down her cheeks.

   "A-are they... are they dead?" Levy choked out.

   "YOU BASTARDS!" Gray shouted, clutching his fists.