Chapter 41: Gildarts' Decision

Oheyo!!! Sorry it's a smidgen late... but hope you guys enjoy it!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

   She sighed as he continued to carry her on his shoulder down the passage way. "I can walk, you know!" she twisted around, attempting to face him.

   "Gihi," he chuckled, "Doesn't mean I can't carry you, Shrimp."

   "Gah..." she turned back around to face the way they'd come from, "Man... this sucks..."

   "No, it doesn't!" he scoffed, "Am I really that awful?"

   "Yes," she replied with a small grin.

   "Tch... whatever, Shrimp..."

   "At least Jet and Droy wouldn't be carrying me..."

   "Yeah, but I ain't your fangirls," he smirked, "SO quit poutin'."

   "I'm not-oh never mind..." she closed her eyes, mentally reminding herself to take a day off once the whole battle was over. 'Why him?' she thought, frustrated, 'I mean... what has he actually done to make me like h-' she broke off her train of thought. 'There were the times he saved you, the wedding shenanigan during the games, the hike a couple days ago, he won you from the auction, he tells off Jet and Droy,' a second voice went on in her head, 'Not to mention you kissed today-' her face burned red. Smacking her cheeks, she shook her head furiously, 'Shut up!' she mentally shouted at the voice, 'I get it, alright?' The second voice continued, 'You know... you're always complaining how much he doesn't open up to you, but you've never opened up to him-' her eyes widened. 'N-no! That can't be true-' she shook her head again. 'Oh really?' She chewed her bottom lip. "Just... shut up..." she mumbled, forgetting that a certain someone was carrying her.

   "What?" he stopped in surprise, "I haven't said anything!"

   Heat rose to her cheeks, "N-No! Not you! I meant it to the voice inside my head!" she froze in horror.

   Frowning, he set her down, "Are you feelin' okay, Shrimp?" he patted her head, leaning over in concern, "You're not goin' insane, are you?"

   "What?!" her eyes widened as her blush deepened, "N-no! That came out wrong! I-just-um-well..."

   "Gihi," he chuckled, "Whatever, Shrimp."

   "Yeah..." she looked down at her feet.

   He paused, before starting back down the corridor, "We should probably get going..."

   'You've never opened up to him... not once...' the voice echoed inside her brain. Her hands balled up into tight, little fists. "U-um... Gajeel?" she nearly shouted.

   "Yeah?" he turned around to look at her.

   "Um-I," she continued to look at the floor, "I'm only going to say this once... so..." her voice dropped down to barely a whisper.

   "I'm listenin'."

   Her eyes squeezed shut, "I... um... I think..."

   "What?"

   "I-I-"

   He eyes her curiously, "If you're gonna say something, then say it. If not, then let's get going."

   "I-"

   He sighed and turned around to leave.

   'Never...' she shook her head, and shouted, "Gajeel! I-I love you!"