Chapter 2: A New Idea

Hey all!!! So excited to finish this!!! Hope you like it!!!!!!!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________

   "An auction?" Erza frowned. Sure, auctions were great ways to raise money... if you had anything worth auctioning off. At the moment, the only item that could be auctioned off was a large rock from the ruins shaped like Mira's face.

   "We don't have anything to give?" Lucy pointed out, squinting suspiciously at Mira.

   Instead of looking crestfallen, Mira just smiled wider. "Of course we do!"

   "Huh?" the whole guild's attention was turned completely towards the white haired mage smiling down at them.

   "Instead of auctioning off simple things like baskets and food, we can auction off the cutest girls here!" 

   "KYAAA!" Lucy hugged herself and shouted defiantly, "I'm not some piece of merchandise, Mira!"

   "Gray-sama!" Juvia cried, latching herself onto the ice mage, "Juvia doesn't want to leave her beloved to the highest bidder!"

   "GAH! Mira stop this! She's tearing off my arm!" Gray squeaked as he struggled to free his dying limb.

   "Calm down, everyone! It's not like that!" Mira giggled at the guild's confused reactions, "The highest bidder will only keep you for 24 hours, no more," she grinned, "Besides I think a little bidding rivalry is fun!"

   "Hmm..." Erza materialized next to her, "I agree with this tactic."

   "HUH?" the whole guild sweatdropped.

   "I mean, think about it. If we invite the guilds we competed against in the Grand Magic Games, we could end up going over the amount of money we need," Erza's eye brows rose as she requipped into her 'bunny armor.' "Besides, I'll look fabulous up on stage."

   Lucy face palmed as the men in the guild oggled up at Erza.

   "Alright, who's in?" Mira laughed as Erza returned to her regular armor.

   "I'll do it big sis!" Lisanna made her way up to her older sister.

   "Whatever," Cana followed her up to Mira, clutching a barrel of who knows what alcholic drink.

   "Well, I am the Queen of the Fairies, so it's my duty to represent the guild," Evergreen hopped up next to Mira and the others.

    "Juvia doesn't want to," Juvia exclaimed flatly.

   "Why not?" Gray frowned.

   "Because... because..." Juvia struggled to find words.

   "I think you should go for it," Gray pushed her up to where the others were standing, "I mean it is for the guild."

   'Gray-sama wants Juvia to... join the auction?' Juvia thought excitedly. "Juvia will do it for her beloved!" she announced happily.

   "I guess I could try it too," Levy said, trailing after the water mage.

   "Yeah! Go Levy! You're the best!" Jet and Droy called after her.

   The bookworm only laughed silently, shaking her head.

 'This could be my big chance!' Lucy thought devilishly, 'I could finally meet the one!' "I'll do it!" she called hurrying up onto the stage.

   "WHAT?" Natsu looked horrified, "You can't do that, Luce!"

   "Why not?" she turned back to glare at him as he ran after her.

   "Be-Becuase there are so many perverts there and I don't want you to get... hurt," he said with uncertainty.

   Her expression softened, "I'll be fine, Natsu," she shrugged, laughing, "I mean it's only for a day, right?"

   'A-A day without... Lucy?' he thought worriedly as his best friend reached the other girls lined up in front.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hope it turned out ok!!!!!!!