Chapter 25: A New Day

Sorry it took so long to update... but here you go!!! Hope you like it!!! ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________

   The rain continued to pour down in long sheets of bitterness. Though it was morning, the bleak greyness of the atmosphere hadn't let up. The cold air crawled in through the open shafts of the guild, creeping along the dimness of the hall. Through the darkness, a bright grey light appeared, empty and blaring. All sound was muffled from the pattering of the water droplets on the stone pavements. There was no color. There was no music or sound. Only the sound of the bitter rain...

_____________________________________________________________________________

   Gray had stayed by her side the whole night. The infirmary never had the most comfortable chairs, but how could he think about his own comfort when she was just lying there, motionless.

   "Juvia..." he whispered, gripping her hand. The on going rain outside reminded him of her. And because of that, he knew something was wrong.

   "I-I think she's dead," he choked out.

   The whole guild fell silent.

   "W-what do you mean?" Makarov's expression grew more steadily worried.

   He shook his head, "I was running after her when I saw the guy that one her stab her in the stomach."

   "No..." Lucy whispered while tears streamed down her cheeks.

   "I'll kill him," Natsu growled.

   "Wait!" Wendy was on the ground next to Juvia's body, "She's not dead!"

   The whole guild looked up in hope.

   "She isn't?!" Gray dropped down beside her.

   "Yeah... I can feel her heartbeat, but it's really faint... She's just knocked out... I think she'll be up in twelve hours..."

   "Juvia..." he whispered.

   "Juvia..." he whispered, clutching her cold hand tighter, "Wake up soon..."

_____________________________________________________________________________

   "Mm..." Erza's eyes fluttered open. She smiled as she saw a sleeping Jellal next to her. Then it hit her. 'HUUUUH?! We didn't do... um... that... d-did we?!' she sat bolt upright with a brick red face. Throwing off the covers, she glanced down at herself. She let out a sigh of relief, 'Still...' she thought, 'I can't believe I slept in a wedding dress...'

   "Hey..." Jellal sat up, rubbing his eyes.

   "Hey," she smiled back at him. Yawning, she leaned back into the pillows, "I don't think I've slept this well since... well..."

   "Agreed," he yawned and sunk back down, "This is nice."

   "Yeah..." she smiled and looked around the bright room of the inn from where he was staying, "I wish we could do this more often." Realizing what she just said, her face flushed almost immediately.

   He smiled and looked out the window, "I do too," he looked down sadly, "But..."

   "I know..." she sighed and got up off the bed, "You have other things that you need to deal with," she requipped back into her armor.

   "No... It's just..." he blushed and shook his head, "Never mind..."

   Her eyes narrowed, but her expression softened, "So... What do you have planned for today?"

To Any Costजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें