Chapter 39: Confusion

Oheyo!!! Sorry (not sorry XP) for leaving you guys hanging in the last chapter!!! Hope you like this one!!! ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________

   "WHAT THE HELL?!" Gray shouted.

   "Juvia doesn't understand..." Juvia mumbled.

   "Yeah..." Galen sat up, rubbing his head.

   "Jenna's sorry for all the trouble Jenna might have caused you..." Jenna rubbed her eyes as tears streamed down her cheeks.

   "OH-UH-JENNA WHAT'S-UM-WRONG?" Galen shot to his feet, blushing heavily.

   "NO ONE'S ANSWERING MY QUESTION!" Gray fumed.

   "Calm doooown," Caroline purred while waving a bottle in his face.

   "Aaaaawe," Cana whined, "I want some!"

   "Don't.Touch.Gray-sama," Juvia glared at the blonde mage from Death Note.

   "Fine, f-" Caroline began to wave the comment off when something slipped from her hands, "HEY!"

   "Heeeeee," Cana downed the whole bottle in one gulp, "Now that was good!"

   "Whyyyyy?" Caroline sobbed.

   "GAAAAH!" Gray threw his hands in the air.

   "Um... Juvia... um..." Juvia shifted uncomfortably.

   "Hm?" he turned to look at her, "What is it?"

   "W-well... J-Juvia w-was wondering if... um..." she grew quieter, "If... if the um..."

   "Well spit it out," Canan purred on her shoulder.

   "We ain't got all day!" Caroline cackled.

   "You two are scarily alike," Galen stared at the two drunk mages in disbelief.

   "What?" Gray stared at the blue haired mage.

   "Um... i-if the... the job offer was still..." she opened and closed her mouth, but no sound came out.

   He sighed, "Whatever... just... tell me l-"

   She clenched her hands, "Juvia was wondering if Gray-sama would still go on a job with Juvia!"

   "What?!" he turned around to face her.

   "W-well..." she looked up at him with new-found determination, "Gray-sama said that he would go on a job with Juvia after the auction so..."

   "Y-yeah..." he scratched the back of his head nervously, "W-what kind of job are you meaning... exactly?" He shook his head slightly, 'Maybe a cruise? Day at the beach? A picnic? Knowing her, it'd probably be something romantic...' he thought, 'But Flamebrain goes on those kind of jobs with Lucy all the time so-'

   "Something dangerous!" Juvia exclaimed.

   "W-what?" he was taken aback.

   "Like... destroying a dark guild... or taking down a demon or something..."

   "Uh..."

   Galen laughed, "I take it by your expression, you weren't expecting that."

   He shot a glare at him, "Since when were we friends?"

   "Chill, dude," Galen held up his hands, "I was only following the Mistress' order!"

   "And Jenna follows Galen-sama everywhere!" Jenna clung on to his arm.