Chapter 43: Demon of Destruction

I'm publishing my own book on wattpad after I'm done with this story!!! I hope you guys will read it, but you don't have to. Anyways, hope you like this chapter!!!

__________________________________________________________________

"Natsu..." she breathed, "Don't... don't die on me..." She gazed up at the sky as the city she had grown to know and love came crumbling down...

__________________________________________________________________

"Laki?" Levy called, "Is that you?"

"Levy? Levy, can you hear me?" a small voice shouted.

"Laki!" she sprang forward into the smoke.

"Oi! Shrimp!" Gajeel leaped after her.

She rubbed her eyes, stumbling as her leg brushed against a wall. "I-is anyone there? Hello?"

"Levy?! Gajeel?!" in front of her stood Makarov, Laki, Gildarts, and a short, elderly man she'd never seen before.

"Master?!" her mouth dropped, "We've been looking for you!"

"Is this where they've been hiding?" Gajeel smirked and patted her head, "Guess your spell worked, Shrimp!"

"HUUUUH?!" all four of the prisoners' mouths dropped.

"Yeah..." she shifted uncomfortably.

"THAT WAS YOU?!" Gildarts' eyes bulged in their sockets.

"I-I guess?" blushing, she looked down at her feet.

"What spell did you use, child?!" Makarov frowned.

"Um... I kind of made one up..." she bit her lip, glancing nervously at Gajeel.

Nodding, he added hastily, "It was cool."

"Can I see it?!" Gildarts was nearly jumping up and down in excitement.

"Um..." she glanced back at Gajeel again.

He nodded again, pushing her forward.

Taking a deep breath, she faced the wall opposite from the one she previously blew up. "Solid Script: I Love You, Gajeel!" the wall blew up.

__________________________________________________________________

'Dammit...' he thought, blasting monsters out of his way, 'I can't see a thing...' Glaring he, face the crowd of new monster rushing at him, "Ice Make: Canon!"

The sound of an ear splitting crash shattered the ground. Scrambling out of the way, he watched over a hundred monsters drop into the fresh abyss. The echoing of their bodies smashing against the jagged, rock wall made him cringe, turning away. 

'Juvia...' he frowned, 'Where are you?'

__________________________________________________________________

"Natsu?!" Lucy called, "Natsu, where are you?!" her legs burned from exertion, but she couldn't give up... not now... "Natsu? Natsu, come on!!!"

Another heart cringing scream shattered the air. 

"Natsu! Natsu!" she ran faster, "No... NATSU!" she reached a clearing in the city. Everything was gone.

Smoke rose up from the ashes of Magnolia, swirling around her feet as she skid to a halt. The demon stood before her, glaring down as if she was no more than a sugar ant. It's brooding face grew steadily darker, and it's body slowly began bending towards her. Stumbling back a few steps, her eyes widened in horror. A large, heavily clawed hand swooped down, closing around her waist. Struggling against its grip, she squeezed her eyes shut. Tears streamed down her cheeks as breathing slowly became more difficult, "N-Nat-su..."

All turned black.

 "Lucy... Lucy... Lucy..." a voice echoed.

 "Natsu?" she frowned, "What're you doing here?"

 "You said you wanted to join Fairy Tail right?"

 "Fairy Tail..." she frowned, "Fairy... Tail?" shaking her head, she sighed, "What's Fairy Tail? sounds... it sounds..."

 "Aye sir!" a flying blue cat appeared.

 "W-what are you?" her eyes narrowed.

 "I'm Happy! I'm you're friend!"

 "F-friend?" she shook her head, "I don't... recall ever having... any... friends..."

 "What about us, huh?" a mermaid with blue hair appeared along with an orange haired man with sun glasses and a shy girl with fluffy, pink hair.

 "We're your friends, aren't we?" the man smiled.

"Miss Lucy, we're here for you... don't give up..."

Everything was so... confusing... what was going on? Nothing made any sense! 'I-I don't-'

"Yo, Luce!" a pink haired man wrapped his arms around her.

She froze, "Who're you?"

"I'm Natsu! A fire dragon slayer! Remember?"

She shook her head.

"Luce, you're gonna be okay... Luce..."

"y-"

Her eyes fluttered open.

"Luce-Luce-Luce-"

"W-what?" she blinked, staring at the person before her.

"You can destroy as many buildings as you want... you can even take my life... but there's no way I'm letting you take Luce... not ever..." Natsu stood, glaring up at the demon, prying it's hand off her.

"N-Natsu?" her eyes widened. 'How could I forget?' tears leaked out of her eyes, 'No... it was just a hallucination... it... it wasn't real...'

The demon growled, and sent a hand smashing down just as the grip around her body loosened.

"Nat-"

He was crushed beneath the weight of the fist.

__________________________________________________________________

The Mistress smirked, "It's all over, Titania."

"No, it isn't!" she glared.

"Of course it is... your precious flame... has now been put out..."

__________________________________________________________________

Super confusing and an awful ending... I know... but don't worry! It's not over yet!!! I'm not that evil!!! I'm updating Saturday!!! Until next time... ;)