15

A S H T O N

Even though she can't see me and I can't see her, I feel my cheeks growing warm out of embarrassment. It's been nearly thirty minutes and I still struggle to give her an explanation.

Why is it so difficult to say the truth?

Jo; I know you're still there. Still waiting for the explanation.

I bite the inside of my cheek and let out a sigh.

Me; it's hard to explain really.

Jo; then make it simple.

Me; it's not simple.

Jo; I have all night tbh

Stubborn.

Me; some write fanfictions because they want to create a world where they actually want to be at. What if some of those dreams, and worlds actually apply to the reader?

I'm making no sense, no sense whatsoever.

It takes her longer than usual to reply, and my heart's beating against my chest.

Me; it's stupid... I know

I instantly regret telling her. I should have changed the subject, or even ended the conversation.

I mean, what kind of person reads fanfics about himself?

I enjoy talking to her. Ending the conversation isn't even an option.

Jo; you'd like to think that you can escape this messed up world... Even for just a couple of hours

Jo; it's not stupid at all

Me; yeah ig... But lately my life hasn't been all that bad.

Me; but don't start thinking that I read those sex scenes. Do you know how awkward it feels?

Jo;  people actually imagine you to be a ladies man when in reality you can't get a single girl.

I let put a sigh of relief and huge smile appears on my face.

Me; wait. we all know that's a complete lie

We text the whole night.

Until 12 am, actually, only after she says she's going to sleep.

I knock out almost immediately.

° ° °

It's a miracle that I even remembered about Alexis Starr.

Fighting the urge to stay in bed all day, I walk through the suite and find all the guys in the kitchen. They're all leaning against the island in the middle of the kitchen, while they look at stuff on their phone.

They don't even look at me as I walk by. I open the fridge, and take out the last slice of chocolate cake.

Calum merely glares at me before looking back at his phone.

"I don't know which one of you gave Alexis my number, and I hope to not find out for you all's sakes. Alexis texted me to reschedule."

My statement, or the last sentence at least, got all of their attention. Their heads snap my direction. They all look at me through widened eyes.

"Quit playing games, Ashton. First you make us miss the interview, and now you're making jokes?" Calum is beyond upset.

I take my phone out and show them the text messages. Their expressions are priceless.